Speakers won't turn on...

Movieguy

Baseband Member
We have two computers in my house...one of them is a Compaq that my mother primarily uses...just this morning, I helped her with it when it turned out that Windows wasn't fully restarting, just sitting there with the cursor on a blank screen...I turned off the power on the strip, then back on, and booted up from there...Windows booted up normally, but now the speakers on the computer won't turn on, even though they look like they're properly connected.

I've disconnected and reconnected the things, and it doesn't work either...I've never encountered something like this before...are the speakers themselves dead, or is it something with the sound card?

What do you mean by turn on? Do you mean, that theres no power, or that theres no sound coming from them?

try a system restore to see if it fix the problem, if it doesnt it sounds like you have a sound card issue, try going into device manager and hardware, locate you sound card and see if you have any yellows there., it will be under sound video controllers . if you have you might have to reinstall your sound card or drivers

If ur worried its the speakers, try and see if they work on ur pc or on a mini disc etc. Also check the volume level, sounds stupid, but sometimes a program can change it or mute it without u knowing.

Back
Top Bottom