Speakers for DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech-man

In Runtime
Hello... ppl
Merry Chirstmas...:)

I'm hoping to buy a "fantastic" speaker set for the DVD Player.
When I was at the Futureshop, the expert showed me two sets for my budget.
One is this, Altec Lansing, awesome sound quality according to me in comparison with the Logitech X-540 ( This is DVD compatible, he said )
But that person seemed not very much sure about the Altec Lansing if it'd work with DVD player. Btw, deal starts at 8 pm est for logitech speakers, whereas Altec is on regular price. I'd prefer Altec over Logitech's X-540. ( That person said it'd work with conversion to rca but only one speaker, is it? he seemed unsure.)

Altec Lansing
Future Shop: Computer Add-Ons: Computer Speakers: Altec Lansing 2.1 Speaker System (VS4121BLK)

Logitec X-540
Computers: Computer Speakers: Logitech 5.1 Surround Speaker System (X-540) | Best Buy Canada Web Store

help me ASAP, thanks. :)

are you hooking it up to the computer or like a tv dvd player? if you're hooking it up to a dvd player and a tv the neither of those will be good. if you're hooking it up to your computer then i would recommend the logitechs because 5.1 is generally better than 2.1

DVD Player, this speaker has nothing to do with my PC. I'd want it to connect to DVD or TV or to Sat as they have same ports. Your right about 5.1, and I had the same impression but when I heard 2.1 altec, I had to change my opinion.
Anyways, will those 2.1 work with DVD player? ( they have smaller port like Ipods/Mp3 player have.
Thanks.

then why are you looking at pc speakers. get a good setup with like 2 bookshelf speakers and a nice sub.. The connections for the pc speakers are much different than the connections for a tv sound setup. pc speakers use the colored bit ends there and tv speakers (good ones) use HDMI or other stuff that isn't compatible with pc speaker connections.

I'd get a good pair of book shelf speakers and add a sub later if you want.

also the altec lansing ones probably sound as good as the logitech ones because they have a lower bass frequency, 15hz as opposed to 20hz, which would be part of it, so the altec's put out a lower sound and have more power behind them.

Was the logitech setup done like a normal 5.1 setup would be done where there are the 2 satellites behind you? if not then I'd go back and find a decent 5.1 setup that's setup correctly and compare the 2 systems that way.

Honestly, don't bother buying crap computer speakers for your TV. Save up your money and get a good pair of bookshelf speakers and an amp/receiver. Then, save up again and add in a nice sub. You will be so much more satisfied with your movie watching experience and your money will be well spent on speakers that will last you for 10 or 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom