Speaker for a tv

chara33

Daemon Poster
My mother is very hard of hearing. When she watches the tv i can hear it all over the house. What I want to do is place a speaker or 2 next to her chair so she can hear it better. I am looking for a speaker which has a volume control button on it so she can adjust it.

Looking to spend under $50. Not sure I want blue tooth or if I should hook up a long wire. Can you recommend anything guys?

thx

Have you considered headphones? With headphones, she could adjust the volume to be comfortable for her without disturbing others.

I personally use a pair of Sennheiser cordless headphones for the same reason. Out of your budget since they cost around $150 but you should be able to find wired headphones within your budget.

Have you considered headphones? With headphones, she could adjust the volume to be comfortable for her without disturbing others.

I personally use a pair of Sennheiser cordless headphones for the same reason. Out of your budget since they cost around $150 but you should be able to find wired headphones within your budget.
+1 to this.

Have you ever priced hearing aids? They're pretty expensive.

I'm at the age where my hearing is starting to deteriorate and I have trouble hearing certain sounds (mostly spoken words). I have trouble understanding what is being said on TV shows and movies and I'm constantly asking people to repeat what they said. I hear them talking, I just can't understand what they say. I have an appt this week to have my hearing tested but I'm not sure what I can do about it. My insurance doesn't cover hearing aids and since I'm retired I really don't want to spend thousands of dollars for hearing aids.

In the meantime, I use my headphones so I can have the volume up high enough so I can make out what is being spoken. The problem then is that I cna hear things like gun shots, tire screeching, screams, explosions, etc... just fine so I have to constantly adjust the volume up and down depending on the content. It's a real PITA getting old!

My son's mother is 25 and has a hearing aid for her left ear. She's paying 20 dollars a month without insurance for what I'd consider a pretty top end hearing aid. Has BT connectivity and everything.

Back
Top Bottom