South Park: Episode 201

*sigh* It's just a cartoon! Why do people have to make such a big deal about a cartoon!

because people are crazy these days
you ever see youtube videos about the volcano with the big name half the comments are on 2012

Personally I find it kind of BS that they edited it, only when they get a death threat.
But all the Canadian, Jewish, mentally challenged, Gay, and Christian jokes over the years have been let go. Even though they have offended many.

I think it shows that they are not "big bad and tough" group lots of people believe they are.

Being a Christian, having two mentally challenged brothers, and a supporter of gay people I find the show rather offensive. Funny at times, but mostly offensive.
FWIW their post on southparkstudios.com says that Comedy Central did the editing, not Trey and Matt.

^^ That was good.
To be honest, I think the Islamic extremists are only proving the point that Matt and Trey were trying to portray. South Park pokes fun at everything political and religious. If you can't laugh at yourself, then don't watch the show. They aren't out to offend people, their goal is to poke fun at everything.

^^ That was good.
To be honest, I think the Islamic extremists are only proving the point that Matt and Trey were trying to portray. South Park pokes fun at everything political and religious. If you can't laugh at yourself, then don't watch the show. They aren't out to offend people, their goal is to poke fun at everything.

For some things, such as religion, I would agree with you on this, but they have gotten into way more serious issues that really should not have been touched.

To be honest, I think religion is as serious as it can get. More people are/have been killed in the named of God than anything else.
What are some examples of more serious issues though? It's political satire, it's going to touch on everything that happens, and always will. The "people that annoy you" episode, the tiger woods episode... plenty of soft spots they will touch on. That's the point of it.

Just the ones I can think of:

the nambla episode, the sex change episodes, the AIDS stuff, and the Steve Irwin thing. I'm sure there are a ton more, since I do not normally watch the show.

They had Mohammed in it, and the guy who played his voice ( he said two words!!!) got killed because of it.

This is what I heard.

Edit: after googling, it seems that it is death threats, the guy was not killed. Why can they depict god as a blue hippo thing, and nobody gives a damn, but the second Mohammed pops up, it's death threats. It's ridiculous.

just a FYI, the person that posted the death threat supports 9/11 and says it wasn't even enough people that died.... He is a terrorist and even says it.

Back
Top Bottom