Sound problems with Dell dimension 3100c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
I reinstalled xp home on a Dell dimension 3100c and everything is back working fine having installed all the drivers from the dell website, the only problem is I have no sound. I installed the audio drivers along with chipset drivers and all others but no joy. I have checked in device manager and there is drivers installed and there is no yellow or red marks to say there was any problems. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled but still not getting any sound?
Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?

Do you have the speakers plugged into the correct hole? Did you go into sound properties, and make sure there is a speaker out source?

It had on board sound before so it didn't have any speakers connected. It says there is a speaker config and that there should be sound. The volume can be adjusted but nothing can be heard.

Can anyone help? It's a massive pain not having this working since it was before and I'm thinking it must be something simple I'm missing/don't know

Please wait more than 10 hours. We aren't all on 24/7. If someone comes on this thread and knows about it, they will most likely post.

Is your volume level on high? Can you try some different speakers, just to check?

If that is a realtek sound card (integrated), it has its own control center, in Control Panel.

Sorry about that.
I'll find some speakers today and try them. I don't think I seen realtek anywhere but I'll also look for that aswell. Will let you know how I get on
Thanks for the help

No Realtek installed. The sound driver is listed as SigmaTel audio. If I plug in earphones into the headphone socket I get sound ok. I tried uninstalling the SigmaTel driver and reinstalling but didn't make a difference. When I uninstalled I didn't have any sound in the earphone so it is doing something just not the speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom