Sound problems after using headset!

tomirlik

In Runtime
I have a Logitech USB headset that works great. However, I noticed that I cannot use my normal speakers when the headset is enabled. But when I unplug the USB or change sound/volume settings for my SigmaTel Audio speakers to work, than I get a muted, extremely low quality sound with much static from my speakers, never from my headset. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

TY, and Happy New Year!

It's normal that you can't use your regular speakers while you have your headset plugged in. Thats just what happens, the headset becomes your primary output for sound when it's plugged in. I have the same headset, and it works the same way for me when I plug it into my pc. I use it for ps2 online gaming normally.

About the low quality and static sound, I would try updating your audio drivers.

NoNo, sound is great. But the thing is when I unplug my USB headset and, in settings, revert default playback to my speakers, I get those distortions often. It does not happen always and is not a driver issue, as my sound in headset works great, as it used to with my speakers. Anyway to fix this?

try the drivers for the sound card itself (not the head set) it sounds like the card is having some difficulty chaning back, and a driver upgrade should clear it up.

Well, I have Sigmatel drivers. I'm not very technical, so where can I find these drivers. I couldn't find it on the website, and when I googled it I got a driver last updated in 2002. Can anyone here give me some help please?

But where can I find the drivers? Like I said, the only 1 i found on the website was last updated in 2002!

Back
Top Bottom