Sound Help...

religion2386

In Runtime
I have a Mic, 48v phatom power mic amp and here is the problem....When I record off audacity the mic works and everything its just for some reason there is NO sound unless I unplug the mic??

It worked fine on my friends laptop without having to unplug anything?
Is this an audio driver problem?

well i have M-Audio USB interface I believe, but my local music store gave me the wrong cord, so I cant have the interface, mic amp, AND mic all going to the computer.So the interface isnt even hooked up when I use the mic...Its just the mic connected to the mic amp, which then connects to the computer...I dont know what kind of sound card I have...How do I check?

Something like this you have??? M-Audio USB interface

You should be using the Mic via the M-Audio Interface. When using the interface make sure you disable any other audio peripherals. Like your on-board audio. And i'm sure the M-Audio interface comes with mixing software that allows you to set the interface up. Sample rates and level adjustments.

It said that the mic needs the 48v phantom power if the mic amp isnt hooked up it wouldnt be getting that 48v would it?

Correct.

Have the M-Audio interface connected to your computer. Thats whats its for.

Then the Mic amp connects to the M-Audio interface. Plug your mic into the mic amp.

The M-Audio interface is the audio in/out interface. Have everything go through this box. You shouldn't need to unplug the mic to hear the performance playing back. This is where you need to check the software that came with the M-Audio box.

Ok. What you using for monitoring and what Mic amp are you using?

Montoring???

Yea.

What do you use for monitoring your audio? Studio monitors/headphones/hi-fi?

And how have you got them hooked up to your set up?

I.E.

DSC00492-2.jpg

These are my Behringer 2031A studio monitors. Not the best but I understand them now.

DSC00393.jpg

And I use the Sony MDR -V500's too. It helps when you can monitor through different equipment to get your mixes right.

Thats pretty bad A man...I just use my laptop speakers...i got some headphones...sorry im new to the audio side terminology...and if the answer you wanted isnt my laptop speakers or some headphones then i dont know or have a monitoring setup

Thats pretty bad A man...I just use my laptop speakers...i got some headphones...sorry im new to the audio side terminology...and if the answer you wanted isnt my laptop speakers or some headphones then i dont know or have a monitoring setup

Thats all good.

I was in your position 2 years ago. I was using just my headphones. Got addicted to producing music and this is where I am now. And you'll get used to the terminology too.

Ok. Check out the software that came with the Audio Interface and make sure its set up correctly. Also understand that you can route all your in/out on the interface in FL Studio 8, Audition 3 and Audacity. And as you progress you'll find yourself wanting Sonar 8, Cubase 5, Pro Tools (maybe)....

Back
Top Bottom