Sound Card help

wakeford90

Solid State Member
My Sound card doesn't seem to be working right. It plays sounds for about 5 mins but then goes off. the song it plays goes all distort while it plays it. it doesn't play it out of the speakers or the headphone jack. this has happened for 3 weeks now and it is very annoying. Plz help simon

First go into my computer>control panel>system>go to the hardware tab>click device manager>go to where your sound card is. does it have any marks beside it. if it doesn't click on it>go to drive tab>and click on update driver. does it find a new driver?

If none of that works:
Have you added any extra hardware to your computer lately. if so, how much watts is your power unit (PSU), and how much extra stuff do you have in your computer?

"it doesn't play it out of the speakers or the headphone jack"

Wheres does it play from then if not from here? Or do you mean when it cuts out, hehe :)

Very weird though that its started 3 weeks ago and worked perfectly before. I would think drivers are the cause, and so what is your sound card? We might be able to lead you to some new drivers to try :)

If this doesn't work, there is always System Restore which might be able to go back 3 weeks to get it working again, though this would only revert back the settings of the driver probably which a new driver would probably fix.

After getting the new driver, you would then uninstall the drivers from the Device Manager within System in the Control Panel, and then restart the computer. The computer would then find that a soundcard is there but hasn't been installed yet, and would ask you to find a sound card driver which you could then specify to be the one you downloaded (after unzipping the file into a folder).
Though Windows might even find one automatically for the card :)

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom