SOUND BLASTER X-Fi not working with Logitech 5.1

eapro

In Runtime
I have the Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Platinum with the Logitech Z5500 and it's really frustrating.

Here is what happens...

the center speaker becomes front left
the front left becomes center
the SUBWOOFER becomes front right...:eek:
and both rear speakers work normal

Yes, I have it set to 5.1 in both PC control panel and the X-Fi control panel.

And I know all the speakers are hooked up correctly because I tested them independently without the computer with the built in pink noise.

I have it hooked up to the audio card using the 6ch direct cables (green, black, pink).

I looked on Logitech's website and found this:
How can I get Digital 5.1 Surround Sound on my Z680/Z5500 via a Sound Blaster Audigy 2?

In general, you must disable any software and/or hardware decoder on your PC. You will need to do this because the Z680/Z5500 decoder will not be able to decode an already decoded signal. If a software or hardware decoder on your PC is active, the Z680/Z5500 will play the audio in only 2 channels, rather then 5.1.
Different audio card but maybe the same thing is applying here.

Somebody please help me put and end to yet another of my problems.

Wish I could help I've been waiting over a month now for newegg to get there freaking z-5500 series back in stock. I'm just running my current 2.1 setup till they come in. Without knowing the wiring setup myself I can't provide 2 much input. Have you thought about just flipping the wires to the speaker its identifying? Such as if the center becomes the front left and vice versa just switch the cables.

Switch the green and pink cables. Because black controls rear speakers which you said work fine. Green controls front speakers and pink controls center and subwoofer.

I have the Z-5500's, but at the moment--they are not installed. I wish I can see pictures on how you have the cables setup.

I'm pretty sure your sound card is properly installed in your PCI slot. Drivers are installed too, right? The speaker cables are color coded to the back of the subwoofer. That sucker is huge. That should take care of the speakers part. Now you have to install it to the back of your X-Fi sound card. I don't have that chipset because I'm still using the Audigy 2 ZS. I have more ports than you do so that's wierd. On the X-Fi's, they don't appear to be color coded like the Audigy cards. Make sure you plug the cables in there properly until you hear sounds comng our from the speakers. Then go into the SOund properties and set it so 5.1 surround sound.

TRDCorolla said:
I have the Z-5500's, but at the moment--they are not installed. I wish I can see pictures on how you have the cables setup.

I'm pretty sure your sound card is properly installed in your PCI slot. Drivers are installed too, right? The speaker cables are color coded to the back of the subwoofer. That sucker is huge. That should take care of the speakers part. Now you have to install it to the back of your X-Fi sound card. I don't have that chipset because I'm still using the Audigy 2 ZS. I have more ports than you do so that's wierd. On the X-Fi's, they don't appear to be color coded like the Audigy cards. Make sure you plug the cables in there properly until you hear sounds comng our from the speakers. Then go into the SOund properties and set it so 5.1 surround sound.

X-FI isn't color coded on the back. They do include a sticker that you can put over the ends to identify which is which though.

Back
Top Bottom