Sort out the front page?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
ok now how hard is it so that when I type in "techforums.net" to direct me to the real front page, instead of some useless jumbled page?

Tim

Please don't put any more pressure on the situation and Dave. Instead why not dig out some web design software and have a go yourself, you'll find the deatails in my sig.... :)

For now make a habbit of appending the URL with /pc, it's a quick fix ;)

srsly.

alright now this situation has been around for ages now. Surley it's on the top of your priority list just write a re-direct script or something?

also, you must be missing out on alot of new members due to a **** front page

Were good on members ;)
New members here are mostly brought in through the SE's and not via the front end.

The front page is on th elist, but it is not top priority. There are other issues that are keeping DMo tied up at the moment. Once those are dealt with, the front page will be fixed up.

Rome wasn't built in a day, or a year for that matter. A great many things have been fixed since the upgrade, and there are a great many more that remain. Had T-F went through the steps of going from one version to the next (2.8 to 2.9, then 2.9 to 3.0, etc), we wouldn't have so many issues. But, to do that, the upgrade period would have been weeks instead of days. Making the major jump to the present version of vB broke many things. Along with this, there are many new options/additions that the old version didn't have. DMo has been working himself hard to fix these despite several rounds of severe illness, both personal and in his family.

So, to sum it up, cut T-F some slack. No one is going to die if the front page isn't fixed by the weekend. If anyone is actually concerned about it, some members are organizing a grass-roots compitition on redesigning the front page... have a go at it.

Again, you will find all the deatails on the competition in my sig. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom