Sony Vegas help

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I've just started with Vegas 9.0a and I import a video from my digital camcorder into it. Problem is, I can't hear the audio. My camcorder records mpeg2 video format and Dolby Digital AC3 audio formats. Why can't I hear the audio when I playback a clip? It worked fine in Windows Movie Maker???

I know some of you guys use it here and I hope you can help.

is audio turned off on sony vegas program? if using vista click the sound icon on taskbar and go to all and make sony vegas full volume

is audio turned off on sony vegas program? if using vista click the sound icon on taskbar and go to all and make sony vegas full volume
Yep, everything is good with the sound mixer.

So would downloading a codec pack such as the K-lite codec pack do anything for me being able to import mpeg-2 video with 2-ch AC-3 audio? The video imports just fine, just that there's no audio.

Another thing, how come (free) windows movie maker does it just fine but a pay program like Vegas or Adobe premier can't use it?? I have premier as well and it doesn't work there either. I got Vegas because Premier seemed a little complicated for a beginner such as myself.

C'mon guys, I need some help here, I know someone here knows about Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom