Sony Vaio VGN-s56GP problem

compdude

In Runtime
Ok so I bought this laptop off ebay and the only fault was HDD fault but it could still turn on and access windows xp just wasn't stable with any programs. everything was working fine, sound, graphics and ETC.

So I replace the HDD and decide to put Windows 7 Ultimate on it. Biggest mistake!!! Could not find any drivers for windows 7. I had sound problems, graphics problems and you name it, so i did some research and apparently Sony only made drivers for the factory OS it comes with which is windows xp.

So I format the Hdd and install the factory OS windows xp professional back on there.
PERFECT!!! I got the graphics and everything working except for one thing!! THE SOUND!!! I cant find any other driver apart from the sony website it self for it. I got a (PCI issue) in the device manager, i installed the Realtek driver just cant install the HD audio softv92 data fax modem with smartcp drivers. it doesn't say why I cant install it just says failure.

Could someone please help me out? It is a good laptop and It'll be a shame for me to pull its heart out due to one simple problem.

Back
Top Bottom