Something isn't right....

Holysky

Fully Optimized
The computer that i have been unsuccessful for anyone to fix is acting weird and slower now. To download AVG it says about 1 day????

Please answer this question as the last 3 i have posted were ignored!

even the computer itself is really slow......

add more details of the problem, Tell us the recent changes you've made to the computer, post up the specs of every part in your system

Okay, I remember helping you with some RAM problems. It's definitely a heat problem. Check to see if your heatsink is properly place onto the CPU. Put some fresh thermal paste on there. I would recommend Arctic Silver MX-2. Is doing a fresh install of the OS an option?

Okay, I remember helping you with some RAM problems. It's definitely a heat problem. Check to see if your heatsink is properly place onto the CPU. Put some fresh thermal paste on there. I would recommend Arctic Silver MX-2. Is doing a fresh install of the OS an option?

The fresh start is an option, but my system idle is at 31'C. Maybe a new xigmatek or mobo?

It's got to be some hidden process. Have you scanned for viruses? What heatsink are you currently running? Do you have good airflow in your case? Try the fresh install. If that doesn't fix your problem it's most probably your motherboard. It could just be giving it.

If it's overheating, there is something wrong with your cooler. It is correctly mounted, yes? make sure it's fairly snug against the CPU and that you are only using a very small amount of thermal grease.

You can tell if it's sitting properly on the CPU when you remove the HSF. The pattern in the thermal paste on the CPU should be even across the entire surface.

i think it is a defective fan now that you tell me. It is mounted, but it did take a lot of work to get on. I really don't think my CPU should be at 70'C under load lol. So if i were to pick up the xigmatek or the sumbeam core cooler would i get like 50'C under load? with MX-2 of course!

and i can't fix the RAM atm because the 650i mobo died and it can take 800mhz, but this one only takes 667mhz sadly

You can put DDR2-800 RAM into this motherboard. It will clock it down to 667. Correct me if I'm wrong. Getting an aftermarket heatsink helps tons.

ok thanks for the help what do you think it would go down to from the stock cooler?

70 to what like 50 or 40?

Back
Top Bottom