Something high schoolers should be aware of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Now I know there is quite a few of you in high school right now, and is probably thinking of going to University soon.

One thing I will say is that you guys should really do your research as to what you want to do... Programming is not what it used to be anymore..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050620/ap_on_hi_te/tech_job_decline

And even with h/w stuff, make sure you do something worthwhile.. Don't just go into some "college" to get some "certification" and hope to find a job.. In this age, a university degree is a must - assuming u want to get into the computer industry.. If you really want to get ahead, keep in mind that a BASc is not enough either.. It's more of a minimum requirement these days..

Well, at least to new graduates I mean.. I say this b/c experience still counts a lot, as it should.

During the tech boom, there were so many people that wanted to do "computer stuff".. People who don't even like computers that much. I know one girl who went to a college to do a program in IT.. First of all, the university sucked. And second of all, when she graduated, her programming skills sucked, and she hardly knew anything about the "insides" of a computer (what's in there), let alone "design new" stuff.. :\

It's always good to keep an eye out for the job market instead of doing what the masses are doing..

:D

I will act like a kid in second grade. IM going to be a professional skateboarder/bmx'r/doctor/extreme dude/ guy when i grow up!
i dont even know what the hell i want to be. I have decent grades but i have no clue what interests me.

same here, i like computers but i dont wanna be anythign else but i really dont wanna do this but i dont wanna do that...... yea idk what i wanna do.

I don't wanna do all that bullshit, so my dreams are gone in the wind..... Probably just be a under paid farmer like the rest of the people here..... Or work on the rail road tracks, they make close to 60k a year here if they work on the rail road tracks..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom