Something funny goin on....

Impruv

In Runtime
Is it the pci express slot or the graphics card??

I recently had my PSU fail on me due to a defect in fan. I got an RMA and they sent me a brand new PSU and I hooked it all up and pushed the power button. Hmmm, doesn't turn on. So I took at the graphics card (the computer was originally Integrated graphics) and the computer turns on. How come the computer won't even boot up when the graphics card is connected? The drivers and everything are installed....

Should I try a total reformat and tryin installing the latest drivers again??

Check the Bios and make sure you have the correct video setting selected, disable the on-board, re-seat the PCI-X card try it again, if that doesn't work maybe you know someone who has another card you could try, if that one works then it's your card, if not it's your board. It's not uncommon for a shorting P/S to damage the board as well. It doesn't take much

Which video card is it, and which PSU have got got (Which wattage)

If it is a card in which you have to connect a power source from the PSU, make sure that is in properly.

The graphics card is a BFG 6600 GT
The PSU is a Ultra XFINITY 550w i think.

I tried reformatting the computer and it stil ldoesn't boot. Guess all i can try is the graphics card on someone else's computer.

Back
Top Bottom