Something for you to lol at...

I had a PCI fan right on top of my video card sucking all the hot air blown from the heatsink fan. So today I was working on cable management and I decided to take the ugly thing out. My GPU temperature improved by 6C.

I remember when I bought a 6800GS for my old Compaq and stuck a 92MM fan next to it with the side panel off. I lost a few degrees since heat didn't have a very good way to escape in a case with only an exhaust fan

I had a PCI fan right on top of my video card sucking all the hot air blown from the heatsink fan. So today I was working on cable management and I decided to take the ugly thing out. My GPU temperature improved by 6C.
The fans on heatsinks usually blow air inward towards the heatsink so if you had another fan there sucking air away from the fan then they were working against each other.

just to be sure. the stock cooler on mine wont do stuff like that if i take it off will it?

just to be sure. the stock cooler on mine wont do stuff like that if i take it off will it?

If your stock cooler is sitting right above your video card, you may want to take it out

Back
Top Bottom