Someone with word can you help

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
How many characters are in this statement;

I am going to use a giant cardboard box to create a shuttle with cardboard for fuel and cardboard airtight doors. Which will travel to proxima centauri where it will be recycled to create a cardboard colony on our solar systems nearest neighbouring star. I will then send back photons on cardboard cable car using spiderswebs to create the suspension cable.
The only matter missing from my plan is for someone to send me a steelcase chair. Said chair will become the command chair in my cardboard enterprise that will soon dominate intergalatic market. Virgin Galactic won't know what hit them :).

This is not a trick question.

I count 597. Not sure if that includes the use of paragraph (i.e. if the enter key counts as a character). Also using two chars for the smily.

**** I need to compress it by 97 characters then

How about now:

I am going to use a cardboard box to create a shuttle with cardboard for fuel and cardboard doors. It will travel to proxima centauri, where it will be recycled to create a cardboard colony on our solar systems
neighbouring star. I will send back photons on cardboard cable car using spiderswebs to create the suspension cable.
The only matter missing from my plan is for someone to send me a chair. It will become the command chair in my cardboard enterprise that will soon dominate intergalatic market. Virgin Galactic won't know what hit them :).

I get 493 not counting spaces and 593 with spaces

There were some misspelled words as well but mine is US and sometimes UK spelling is different. Also you have a nice sentence that is not a sentence.

Which will travel to proxima centauri where it will be recycled to create a cardboard colony on our solar systems nearest neighboring star.

**** I need to compress it by 97 characters then

459 now.

Btw, you should change 'spiderswebs' to 'spiderwebs'. Also remove the paragraph space, and change 'I am' at the start to 'I'm'. And change 'won't know what hit them' to 'won't see me coming.' Removes five or so characters. And change 'matter' to 'part', loses you a couple of characters.

'solar systems' should have an apostrophe, like 'solar system's'.

What is this for, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going to use a cardboard box to create a shuttle with cardboard for fuel and cardboard doors. It will travel to proxima centauri, where it will be recycled to create a cardboard colony on our solar systems nearest neighbouring star. I will send back photons on a cardboard cable car using spiderwebs to create the suspension cable. The only matter missing from my plan is for someone to send me a chair. It will become the command chair in my cardboard enterprise that will soon dominate intergalatic market.

512 characters now. Change 'where it will be' to 'then'. That'll put you exactly on 500.

done?

I'm going to use a cardboard box to create a shuttle with cardboard for fuel and doors. It will travel to proxima centauri, then recycled to create a cardboard colony on our solar system's nearest neighbouring star. I will send back photons on cardboard cable cars using spiderwebs to create the suspension cable. The only matter missing from my plan is for someone to send me a chair. It will become the command chair in my cardboard enterprise that will soon dominate intergalatic the market.

A while back I wrote it for a design competition to win a steelcase chair worth £250. Was a series of questions revolving around new year and what you would do with the cardboard box the chair comes in. I didn't win :(. Now I am adapting it for an intro to my blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom