Someone teach me how to play Sim City 4.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtX

Solid State Member
I just got the game and I'm frustrated at it already.. Just spent 4 hours+ messing around and learning how to play and im stuck already.. How do you get a decent city starting, with a good income and increase in population???

I need a solid build order that I can use.. I know mine sucks, thats why I cant do anything in the game....First, I build a power plant, second I build roads around it, third I build low residential houses in the roads, then I put water pipes, and electricity all over the place, then I put a school, library, fire department, police department... Then I put commercial and industrial, after 1 hour of game play, the number of people in my city is still 20-30... Perhaps someone who is good at this game can help me!!!

heres some starting tips:
- build slowly!
- Build low-density commercial and residential zones, and medium density industrial zones.
- Micromanage the funding for the services (school, police, etc.) you do provide.
- your power plant probably produces more then you need, lower the funding to match your needs. Although remember, lower funding will cause your plants to decay more rapidly.
- Raise taxes to 8 or 9 percent in the very beginning to give your incoming money a boost.
- Focus on residential and industrial at first, once your city has grown a bit, then add commercial zones.
- Expand slowly as your budget starts to show a profit. But don't spend too much! :)

can you give me a more specific build order.. i think ive basically done all of that but thers no progress in the city!!!!!!!!!!

INDUSTRIAL FIRST , AND A LOT OF IT - THEN HIGH DENSITY
RESIDENTIAL- DO ALL THE UTILITY'S GRADUALLY.

OK I GOT A DECENT START.. BUT I THINK MY GAME IS MESSED UP.. MY HEALTH AND EDUCATION ADVISORS KEEPS TELLING ME TO LOWER THE FUNDS, SO I LISTEN TO THEM AND DO IT.. THEN WHEN I CHECK THE DATA GRAPHS, AND I CLICK ON HEALTH AND EDUCATION, EVERYTHING IS RED.. ALL THE BUILDINGS HAVE LOW HEALTH AND LOW EQ.. WHAT THE HECK.. I HAVE 2 HOSPITALS AND 2 SCHOOLS AND 2 LIBRARIES, WHY IS IT SO GAY!!!!!!!!!!!

i want the game but dont really want to pay for it, irc here i come, lol, oh by the way is it one or two disk i dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom