some things in the forum that have been bothering me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with Rascal on at least one point, namely the spelling point.

Sorry to say it Saxon, but you and Mak both sometimes must be trying to type at over 9000 words per minute or SOMETHING, because there is quite a lot of mistakes in a few of your posts :) I have to say recently you've been good tho, lol keep it up!
I dunno, it's just a little quirk I have.

what your saying is...this is how i like things, i want my way, and thats the way i want people to act and do because im here. You can't say you didn't because thats what your saying in black and white.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Talking to Luke especially: You guys should relax a bit. Rascal isn't trying to force you to bend to his way of doing things, he's just pointing out a few things he dislikes. CHILL! :)

okay, so... im not in the forums all that much, but... enough to notice some things that really bother me, SO... anyone who reads this note, please do your part to help correct them... not just for my sake, but for everyone's, im sure... im just voicing these problems, but im sure many people have noticed them... anyways, heres what has been bothering me:

1. people who get off on random tangents or arguements inside of other peoples threads, totally getting away from the original topic that was proposed... please dont thread-jack... its rude, both to the threads starter, and to those who are trying to read it and actually help... either PM or IM someone if you want to argue or to ask them a question...

2. people who start new threads all the time, when they should just post in their old thread... or who post again, when they should edit their old posts...

3. people who put fake stats in their sigs... or like "future builds"... if youre going to list parts in your sig, they should be parts you ACTUALLY OWN... or if its a build that you are going to do in the future, say so... but its not cool to list insane parts in your sig just to look better... its just dumb...

4. people who spell atrociously... get a spell checker... really... now i know i abbreviate and dont punctuate properly all the time... but i dont blatantly spell bad... no one should... its irritating and makes you look unintelligent...

5. people who dont fold! seriously... there are tons of people in these forums with GREAT machines that could really help our folding team out... it doesnt slow your comp down, you barely notice its running, and youd be doing your part to help change the world for the better one day... its a good cause... everyone who can, should fold...

now alot of these things are stuff that admins cant really do much about... and i love the tech forums admins and think they do a great job... but they arent superheroes... i would appreciate their help in reminding people not to do some things on the list, but some of you guys need to be able to police yourselves... if youve read this and you realize youre doing something on the list... please just correct yourself... i would appreciate it...

now please dont flame me for this, or attack me personally... im just trying to point some things out... im not whining: again, its constructive criticism, and is meant to help improve the forum for everyone... please take these suggestions into consideration before you post... thank you... :] - RK

Welcome to the interweb. Please enjoy your stay.

I got over all but the second one a long time ago. I deal with the second one all the time, at least since I was promoted to SMod way back when.

As Harper said, welcome to the interweb. That's how things are done here. Doesn't mean we have to like it, and it doesn't mean that people don't learn and move away from doing them; they do. It's just a little bit of aggravation in the meantime.

some people have horrible spelling, others don't...what can you really do? ;)
some people aren't natively english, I give them plenty of slack...and you can even tell when they aren't

thread hijacking is even done by the mods....you can even go back and check, lol...though I wonder if any and all will refute it, hehe. However, it should be kept to a minimum out of respect, even if it is a goofy post...and I am king of goofy posts

being courteous is also a subjective thing...some people are courteous and some people aren't. You could ask a thug to be courteous, but that would be pointless...we can only hope for civility right?

also, you notice you have alike a whitish spec in the upper right left spec of your sig pic? See that's slightly OT but still on point ;)

So, in the end...ALL people should be well behaved, civil and mature...but that isn't the case, and even if I prefer that in my idealistic view, doesn't mean it will happen, I will however, continue to be that way (albeit still goofy), regardless if others will not or do not.

Such things are so subjective though, like the "being a man" thing...and I'll use me as an example that is just for me and that 99% of other guys will disagree on, hehe.

I am a goofball, I am unmacho, I don't play or watch sports, I will however, watch MMA fights (as well as sumo), I don't denegrate women and I don't "just look", I don't watch "man" shows, I don't huff and puff about my conquerings, made up or otherwise, I don't claim any anonymous superiority of any other anonymous person, I love animals, especially cats and readily show my fondness for such cute creatures in public, I wear no bawdy jewelry or have any "tats", I am quiet and respectful, and I choose to display my version of manliness in those ways as well as actually working out to look like what I consider "manly" (while also being a super cutie, lol) and with action, ie., no empty smack talk and I will actually take it "to the ring"

the above was purposefully made with heavy use of commas and no breaks, as it was a list of varying but similar ideas ;)

In an ideal world everyone should be like me, but what am I going to do? eh...this way, I'm actually rather special and unique in a natural and unpretentious way :D

20080525-m4esrdfmas3995pxq72ehet7w9.jpg

And you were saying.....

epicfail.jpg

to these two posts:
Welcome to the interweb. Please enjoy your stay.
I got over all but the second one a long time ago. I deal with the second one all the time, at least since I was promoted to SMod way back when. As Harper said, welcome to the interweb. That's how things are done here. Doesn't mean we have to like it, and it doesn't mean that people don't learn and move away from doing them; they do. It's just a little bit of aggravation in the meantime.
i know that this is often just how the internet just is... but if you just write it off as "how it is" and condone it, it will never change...
id like to think that we at tech forums would hold ourselves to a higher standard than some other forums where such things go on... and if you want to be stupid in the OT forum or something, by all means... but when youre actually helping someone with a problem or having a serious discussion... well, i just think some people ought to behave a little better...
and i know theres not really anything myself or the admins can do about several of the points i listed... but you cant ever expect to see any change if you dont try to change things... futile, or otherwise... maybe people just dont know theyre doing it? or that its wrong/irritating to others? hence, my pointing it out... we have a guide that will help you get to know the rules of forums, but we dont have one that will help with etiquette or common sense... :umm:

I'd agree with Rascal on at least one point, namely the spelling point.
thank you... again, its just frustrating to be trying to help someone with a problem or w/e and being totally unable to understand their meaning due to their spelling or grammar... i dont mean to nitpick horribly with people who miss an error every once in awhile (i mean, im sure even i do) its with people who have truly bad or consistently bad spelling or grammar... unless you dont speak good english to begin with, then fine... but i mean its just like: slow down, read over what youve written, and type better... please? haha

Sorry to say it Saxon, but you and Mak both sometimes must be trying to type at over 9000 words per minute or SOMETHING, because there is quite a lot of mistakes in a few of your posts :)
im not gonna start anything with a mod! lol

Talking to Luke especially: You guys should relax a bit. Rascal isn't trying to force you to bend to his way of doing things, he's just pointing out a few things he dislikes. CHILL! :)
THANK YOU... certain people, man... *shakes head*...
i dont even bother reading certain peoples posts anymore because they just NEVER contain any information of actual value... i almost wish i could stop them from posting... well, at least in threads that I start... w/e tho... again, all i can do is make a sincere request for them to stop/change...
i know it wasnt on the original list (got deleted) but i think that the original point number one that i listed on the second page (about not posting if its not valid or helpful information? or you dont really know what youre talking about?) was one of the most important... and one of the most common and easily avoided things that irritate me the most... grrr...

also, you notice you have alike a whitish spec in the upper right left spec of your sig pic? See that's slightly OT but still on point ;)
i actually didnt (and still dont really?) notice that... curse photoshop! haha... maybe ill go fix it later...

I am a goofball, I am unmacho, I don't play or watch sports (...) the above was purposefully made with heavy use of commas and no breaks, as it was a list of varying but similar ideas ;) In an ideal world everyone should be like me, but what am I going to do? eh...this way, I'm actually rather special and unique in a natural and unpretentious way :D

uhm... im not really sure what that was about... unless im being mocked? im not even sure... but thanks for the input? :freak:

to sinci:
seriously? some people are still hung up on that? i even explained how it actually didnt make any type of sense... if you even read what i wrote IN that picture, you would see that it doesnt really make any sense, or prove any point... my request was that you NOTE that something is a planned upgrade, and that you keep it honest... not that you shouldnt post future upgrades in your sig... goodness...

glad to see things have gotten at least a little more civil... as always, feel free to disagree or raise any points (if you can do so nicely) and ill do my best to discuss them with you...
again, how else can i make a difference but by raising these points and actually discussing them with people in the forums? (well, i could make a "forums etiquette guide" to go along with the forums rule guide... but honestly whointheheck would read something like that anyways? enough people dont even read the rules already haha XD)

anyways, good stuff... if anyone else has anything else to say, i look forward to more debate... :D - RK

EDIT: also, could the next mod thats in here please move this thread back to the "Site Feedback & Suggestions." sub-forum where i think it originally belonged? thanks... :)

being bad at quoting....I'll cap...the part about you quoting my "I am a goofball" thin ;)

sometimes punctuation and proper sentence structure can be ignored if it's just thought tangent :D

the rascalking said:
EDIT: also, could the next mod thats in here please move this thread back to the "Site Feedback & Suggestions." sub-forum where i think it originally belonged? thanks...
I moved it here, as it is definitely Off Topic and cannot be classified as either site feedback or site suggestion. Everything listed is composed entirely of reactions to the behavior of others... not the site itself.

We can police all day long, but we police the rules, not the behavior of the members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom