Some Stupid Q's or just Holly wood Hype?

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have been thinking since I originally posted months back about the whole Dooms Day Concept, in essence what it actually was.. I have since found out how difficulty it is in regards too rig a Generator too the Power Mains and not too mention how expensive they are. A portable Generator Running at say 3kw. The other day I bought what I'm having shipped from America a VGA Splitter Box just to get the most out the extensive amount of Monitors I've got just too build up on the Systems I've got..

Really not sure what the bigger picture is I'm chasing but for the time being I'm connecting Systems too my home network. The price of a good decent branded KVM Switch is unbelievable.. I saw one for 10 Grand on play.com what was a Professional option for server rooms.

I know in the USA threw T.V Shows hear in the UK for example you have your Dooms Day Preparers and you even have web sites that specialize in this area of Sales.

Would anyone like too add of any ideas?

Anyone got any Ideas what I could peruse in regards too this home project I've got on the go.. The thing is rite my fellow tech forum users, I'm pretty laid back, take each day as it comes.. So if you have any Input feel free too post a reply.. I know too a lot of people this is just whack\Crazy but quite frankly I've nothing better too do.

Just had an idea, maybe stock up on Food.

I now cant get a wireless signal, unless I go in too the kitchen on my mobile phone.. The laptop wireless isn't the best even tho it does pick up but not so much as 80% even at times.

Seems like a pretty fun thing to do. It's pretty stupid, but fun. So go right ahead if you're bored and have the spare cash to do it. I'd probably have some fun doing it too if I had my own home out in the middle of nowhere, a load of spare cash and nothing better to do with it.

You could spend tens, if not hundreds of thousands doing it. You could have your house lead lined to help prevent radiation from a nuclear war. Or perhaps air tight in the event of biological warfare, with some super expensive air filtration system. You could really go to town with the whole idea if you were mega rich.

Seems like a pretty fun thing to do. It's pretty stupid, but fun. So go right ahead if you're bored and have the spare cash to do it. I'd probably have some fun doing it too if I had my own home out in the middle of nowhere, a load of spare cash and nothing better to do with it.

This is the Most fun I've had since I started out in the day of my first PC, being a 300MHz Cyrix. Its giving me something too enjoy.. I was thinking of going Nuts and doing my full house. I'm thinking with the spare cash I've got I mite get a portable generator, but only problem I have is rigging it up too the Mains. After doing some research. Its not easy and should be only done by an electrician in my opinion.

I'm looking at the Back up power supply on Play.com, for a half decent one your looking at £100+ . Now with a Generator running at 1500W, I'm not sure but thinking it mite be enuf.. I would have too work out in total if I calculated all my essentials in regards too W=A\Volts . If I take the 1500W Gennie it could be enuf too power the Laptop for Wired Ethernet Access. I'm not sure what it would take but too have some sort of trip switch with in the bigger circuit it self. I'm not an electrician so I have no Idea.

As for the Foreclosure I have made progress on the room it self I have focused all my efforts on, and now just finishing up with the Mesh\Chicken Wire .

Think Ill Stock up on food tinned items next time I'm at the supper market.. OMG, so much it is.. :lol .. ..

I've have built a Faraday cage in case of EMP.. This is the most fun I have had doing something practical and since lining the entire one room it self with a sheet metal coating I added Wire Mesh\Chicken Wire too the Situation for Electromagnetic, Electric, and Magnetic Radio waves. It will not stop them completely Unless I went for something like a absolute Lead lining but in the mean time I'm playing with the whole concept and it should slow down and Incoming Signals as for example I cant get a Signal on my Mobile Phone, the Laptop Wireless is running at less than 70 too 80% efficiency Patton. and also everything is Wired..

Now I have a big problem what is completely Boxing my head, and that's a independent power supply such as a generator of some sort.. I cant rig a Generator up too the Mains because I have no idea what I'm doing and also I cant afford a Two and a Half grand independent Power solution being the Generator as too what would be certified for Sensitive equipment using Sine Wave technology.

If I went for a Generator it would have too be no more than a couple of hundred Pounds but then again I don't think I would get a decent one for that, and looking on Play.com you can get them for that price but they haven't got enuf power output to utilize what I want it for and as for rigging it up too the boiler I have no idea how too do that. I would have too see an Electrician. :) ..

Faraday Cages are the best option and pretty cost effective depending on what you go for in the way of what material you use. Today I got my Splitter Box from the USA after buying it and having it shipped over so the whole project is taking shape. as I now have my LCD Displays monuted on the Wall running on the Laptop. I want another system what I have seen for just a Hundret Pounds on Play.com in case anything goes wrong with theese systems and I'll have a Genuine OS too too get online with threw the Ethernet. Its taking time but I'm getting their..

HaHaHa, could you Imagine going too the supermarket and buying a Slab of beans or something like that :lol .. How would you explain that too a Shrink for example.. You can go nuts on a project like this spending thousands, If I went completely Crazy I could go out and get Medical surplus, Food Supply, Biological Warfare, Chemical Warfare and Nuclear warfare equipment too protect my self. Not too mention something like a Gun, say a Replica just too be on the right side of the Law.

Crazy..

Ever think of rigging up a diy wind turbines?

Gods honest truth Patton, you have now got me thinking about alternative power sources.. I was thinking originally like I said about Generators, but I'm going too do a lot of reading and research and find out alternative options. I'm going have too do some research on it.. I'm not going too go with the DIY option of wind turbines but going too look in too it.

Why not order MRE's?

I really should, the other day when I saw this, I followed the think and the British Army uses these.. I read something about a 1200 Cal meal. I think I'll find somewhere online, in the UK Carnage and order a bulk of them at the end of the month.

The other day we had a power cut on the local entire housing estate. It stretched about 5 Square miles.. The whole place from the bottom of the full estate was just pitch black.. Now you see why I'm going too look in too to power soon as possible when I've got the funds.

Really enjoying this, think I'll get those MRE's actually next week when I get Paid.

A right simple wind generator uses just a car alternator and a ac inverter to run house hold items.

Building your own could allow you to build it so it is run by wind, or switched up to be hydro.

I really should, the other day when I saw this, I followed the think and the British Army uses these.. I read something about a 1200 Cal meal. I think I'll find somewhere online, in the UK Carnage and order a bulk of them at the end of the month.

The other day we had a power cut on the local entire housing estate. It stretched about 5 Square miles.. The whole place from the bottom of the full estate was just pitch black.. Now you see why I'm going too look in too to power soon as possible when I've got the funds.

Really enjoying this, think I'll get those MRE's actually next week when I get Paid.

MRE's have a nice nick name Meals Rejected by the Enemy, great shelf life but taste like crap (apart from the sausage an beans) but don't get the ones off ebay they are not legal for sale there are ones packed for civilian use by the same company but have a wider selection of meals etc.
For the ones I keep in the cupboard for camping / fishing / one in the back of the car I get them from here, they only seem to be individual meal pouches now but if you ask me that's better no more hell of Chicken Curry or Tuna (read dolphin). But don't use the chemical packs if you get them the disposal of the used ones are nightmare just get a set like this British Army crusader kit and a few essbit tablets (cheep as chips) and keep a Trangia with a few liters of alcohol to fuel it knocking around and you can buy one with a pot stand etc and 2ltr's of fuel for about £19.99 WAY less if you get them used.

Have you thought about water storage?

Back
Top Bottom