Some people have more money than brains lol

well it seems my brothers luck went to **** so mine could be better .... His was doing an update and the cable and internet went out and it crashed his laptop, So I told him to leave it some place I can get it to set it back to factory settings. Needless to say it says the partition is missing and the dang thing has no windows sticker with the reg numbers, Attempting to have windows repair but I get a feeling his HD is crapping out. If I can get it to boot up once I will get the key and try a fresh install but not looking too good at the moment. Hope I can get that thing going again for him or me for that matter, We were going to trade LOL.

well it seems my brothers luck went to **** so mine could be better .... His was doing an update and the cable and internet went out and it crashed his laptop, So I told him to leave it some place I can get it to set it back to factory settings. Needless to say it says the partition is missing and the dang thing has no windows sticker with the reg numbers, Attempting to have windows repair but I get a feeling his HD is crapping out. If I can get it to boot up once I will get the key and try a fresh install but not looking too good at the moment. Hope I can get that thing going again for him or me for that matter, We were going to trade LOL.

Try using the bootsect commands to fix mbr/bootloader.

You can get they key if you plug it into another computer and run MagicJellyBean to load the registry hive.

Got it working somewhat for him last night after work, Told him to leave it alone until I could get the key off it, But once again people just won't listen. Dope insisted on playing with it even after I told him to leave it alone and it went from just booting slow to being right back to where it was again. Not going to kill myself AGAIN since he did exactly what I told him not to. If I can get the number than he may be in luck, If not then I'll tell him NOT to buy another one and he should run strait to the store cash in hand. Lol He said it's hot and I'm thinking he roasted the HD, If I get the number I'll put a extra one I have lying around in. So getting tired of re doing things for family because they just out right refuse to listen to me.

Got it working somewhat for him last night after work, Told him to leave it alone until I could get the key off it, But once again people just won't listen. Dope insisted on playing with it even after I told him to leave it alone and it went from just booting slow to being right back to where it was again. Not going to kill myself AGAIN since he did exactly what I told him not to. If I can get the number than he may be in luck, If not then I'll tell him NOT to buy another one and he should run strait to the store cash in hand. Lol He said it's hot and I'm thinking he roasted the HD, If I get the number I'll put a extra one I have lying around in. So getting tired of re doing things for family because they just out right refuse to listen to me.
When people don't listen to me I tell them to replace it, always. If they don't want to help themselves then why should you help them? I don't care if it's family or not. My BiL and sister keep getting popups and having issues because they won't listen to me so I charge them each time they ask to clean their junk.

Don't remind me, I want a touch screen laptop.

Well is your laptop model capable of using touch screen parts ?
I think the last asus mini notebook I had last year would allow you to install parts to enable touch screen feature in w7 and mainly windows 8.

You should bing around the net and see if you can make it happen.
I rather not have a touch screen anything to be honest. :/
Too problematic and too sensitive to touch even if you calibrate the thing.

Back
Top Bottom