Some people have more money than brains lol

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
A friend of mine also does PC repair but not as much as me, When he gets dead systems he just passes them to me for parts as he knows I build spare parts systems for people down and out, he doesn't bother with the parts. Well anyhow with this group of PC's there were two laptops, One boots up but was asking for a boot drive like it had a dead HD. Well I have a spare laptop drive so I go to open it up and there are a bunch of missing screws and when I did open it I noticed the HD was slid over and not connected lol The fool took out the screws that hold the HD in place lol So I pushed the HD over plugging it in and putting one screw in out of a dead laptop and hit the power button, It boots right up and there was barely any software installed so it looks like he was trying to upgrade something and couldn't figure out haw to get it open, Gotta admit it IS a PITA to get apart, Take out screws and you need to lift the keyboard up but now I have a free I3 loptop with 4 gigs of ram and 500 gig HD with win 7 Brother wants to trade me for his win 8 laptop with touch screen, Smaller screen but I only want it to connect to a TV Tito stream (Not a smart TV lol) so dumb people are very profitable lol. If the guy brought it to me I would have given it back after I figured out the issue but I've not a clue who it was so happy me lol.

Dauntae

a buddy of mine gave me his asus crosshair v and amd 1100t x6 cuz the said it kept shutting down.
well wen i got it all it needed was some fresh thermal and it worked lol $400 worth or parts for free. i told him he could have it back but he had already replaced it and was to late to send the new stuff back. he also gave me last week a evga 580 3gb that wasn't working. i contacted evga and it still warranty so i sent it in ill probably get a new one lol.

a buddy of mine gave me his asus crosshair v and amd 1100t x6 cuz the said it kept shutting down.
well wen i got it all it needed was some fresh thermal and it worked lol $400 worth or parts for free. i told him he could have it back but he had already replaced it and was to late to send the new stuff back. he also gave me last week a evga 580 3gb that wasn't working. i contacted evga and it still warranty so i sent it in ill probably get a new one lol.

Well with EVGA if they don't have any 580 cards in house they will send you a newer card, When my 285 went poop they replaced it with a 470 so you may end up getting a 670 but will probably be a 2 gig card but still a decent upgrade.

im totally ok with getting a brand new 670 for free. ill be a nice back up just in case. or sell it off since asus just gave me a brand new 780ti sealed.

Lol I'm going to let him take this tomorrow and give which ever one he doesn't want, I might have the touch screen tomorrow while he has this one.

It would come in handy for live situations so I can control my drum software on the fly rather than holding us up with moving a mouse in between songs.

Back
Top Bottom