Some members......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookfield

Golden Master
......have been asking me to account for my behaviour of late, so I now sincerely apologise for anything I've said that upset members, especially Lownsley [sp?] who was so angry that he PM'd David, [David PM'd me about it] so now, seperately to other complaints I now would like to apologise to him, that was an abusive post, & I very much regret sending it, there isno excuse for sending that, on reflection that was appalling, please feel free to give your comments on this & other matters of course, but may I ask that you reply in a calm manner please, however strong your criticisms may be, I don't want a mod to come & close this thread as it may or may not be crucial to me whether I get my mod status back, I'm totally in your hands now.

Tbh I had to read that about 5 times and even then had to have a good think. I am a bit skeptical to be honest. Why are you apologizing?..Because you are sorry?..Because David gave you an ultimatum?..or because it is the only way can keep your mod status. Hopefully someone of your years and experience would be above an apology with an ulterior motive. I am willing to accept your apology with appreciation on the above matters...so thank you for that. However that does not change any opinions I have about your mod capabilities and the fact that I believe you should be stripped of your status and made a regular member and be subject to the same rules as I am.

Tbh I had to read that about 5 times and even then had to have a good think. I am a bit skeptical to be honest. Why are you apologizing?..Because you are sorry?..Because David gave you an ultimatum?..or because it is the only way can keep your mod status. Hopefully someone of your years and experience would be above an apology with an ulterior motive. I am willing to accept your apology with appreciation on the above matters...so thank you for that. However that does not change any opinions I have about your mod capabilities and the fact that I believe you should be stripped of your status and made a regular member and be subject to the same rules as I am.
Look, the whole reason I did this was because I thought I must now clear the air, plus, as I've said, members called for me to do so & apologise, I welcome your opinion, as I shall welcome others, good or bad, please re-read it, all the reasons I decided to do it are there, I too had to think long & hard before I posted it.

PS; Sorry I spelt your name wrong.

um.. mabye if you didnt steal info, call people nazi's and morons and actually paid any attention to the rules that you are supposed to be upholding you would get some respect. personally, you have got a HELL of alot more than some pathetic post like this to gain some respect back. at the moment, i am, and will continue to push to get you de moted permanently..

and what do you mean get your mod status back? you never lost any powers in the first place!

honestly dude u didnt follow the rules and have been pretty rude to people
and i've warned u other people have warned u
so u shouldnt be so surprised that you got your mod powers taken away

um.. mabye if you didnt steal info, call people nazi's and morons and actually paid any attention to the rules that you are supposed to be upholding you would get some respect. personally, you have got a HELL of alot more than some pathetic post like this to gain some respect back. at the moment, i am, and will continue to push to get you de moted permanently..

and what do you mean get your mod status back? you never lost any powers in the first place!
x2

Just to point out, that when you apologize for something you've done and acknowledge that you have been doing something wrong that you are now expected to discontinue those things. So the only way you are going to get respect from us and have us believe your sincerity is by first showing us some respect and become a member like the rest of us. That means no more double/triple posting, no more letting personal emotions get in the way of your decisions, no more abusing your moderation privileges and most importantly showing more flexibility towards other members' posts.

Brookfield,

In my honest opinion, I am not sure why you have created this thread, I know you have said that you do are doing this to apologise once and for all, and that is fair enough. However, I don't believe this will be enough, as has been said previously by others you need to demonstrate this in your actions.

I truly believe that if you are repentant, and what I wish to say here is that I do not condone the actions of some of the members, in this campaign against you, and I believe that some have shown themselves in a light which has been revealing. I also do not believe that sending abusive messages, using information for your own self, if they were meant in good intentions or not is not appropriate for a moderator.

I believe that you should voluntarily step down as moderator yes I know that your status is as a Guru, but you have also demonstrated that you still have some mod powers. In this whole debacle you have lost the respect of a lot of the members, and you have a long way to get it back. I would suggest that you step down for 6 months or so, you can still contribute to the forum, be a member for a while and relax, you have said yourself that you are getting stressed from this all, so ease back, earn the respect back.

Demonstrate to others why you was made a mod in the first place, and then discuss it with David in 6 months time.

To the others, ease back, let Brookfield have a chance to display this, stop using this as an opportunity to jump on someone's back to create a drama which is not appropriate for the forum, as has been seen in this forum, in the two years that I have been here, we jump from one drama to another, lets be the forum that it is here for, to learn and inform about computers, to have social community, to have a place on the internet where people want to come to.

After spending a month here, this is seriously a MIDDLE SCHOOL FORUM.
I don't even feel like I am in high school when I am replying here, and you guys blow stuff way out of proportion. Seriously, it's like middle school: "Oh no he said something behind my back! Lets start rumors!"
After a month here, I am seirously considering leaving because you guys can't stomach a joke, and rules are not guidelines, they are strict military orders.

I've seen a lot of what Brookfield posted in the last few weeks, and I have seen nothing worse than ANY other moderator on any other forum commits on a daily basis, but you guys seem to find the smallest wrong, and blow it up to huge size and show it to the entire community. Ever heard of privacy? Ethics? I'm sorry but don't even answer that, it's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.
Goodbye, hope you don't miss me, because I won't miss you.

Respect is earned not given Brookfield.

I would suggest to you that a simple apology (for whatever reasons) is the first step on what would appear to be a very long journey that you have embarked on.

Hopefully you are sincere and all your previous nonsense will now cease, I think you should serve a probation period of time as an ordinary member until you have proven you are fit to hold moderator status.

Personally I don't think you're "cut from the right cloth" to be a mod but that is not my decision to make.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom