Some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
As you all know, I work at Staples. There's this one old guy who works in the tech department with me. He kind of annoys me, and this is how:

Lets say a customer comes up to get some advice on a laptop, and we're talking, I'm giving advice, etc... The old guy likes to come around, stand 1-2 feet away, and just listen to me -- assuming I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not claiming I know everything about PCs you could ever know, but I surely know as much as him, if not more.

It happens all the time, even if I do it with digital cameras/all-in-ones. For example, today... some lady wanted an all-in-one and I was just explaining the differences between model 1 and model 2, and he stands behind me, without saying anything, and once the customer asked a question - I was trying to put it in the simplest of terms, and he just jumps in and answers it (making the customer more confused). (We don't work for comission, so that's out of the question).

He's a terrible coworker, doesn't like to talk that much. I've tried a few times in the beginning, but it's starting to get me mad. He tries to boss me around, though I just ignore him.

How can I make the best of the situation? Would ignoring him be the best option?

ask him not be be so condescending, and leave you alone.

OR you could pin him to the ground and write "noob" on his head with permenant marker, HOWEVER, i think option 1 would be best in this situation.

start doing to him what he does to you.

Mirror him, exactly so he gets a first hand view of what bothers you.

When he complains to you about what your doing... you can then tell him, sure i'll stop... if you stop too... because i'm trying to show you what you do that bothers me... annoying isn't it?

I actually did that once today :) I hope he noticed. I'll definitely be doing more of what he does :) :)

"STFU N()()|3..."

"I have learned alot from you sensai, now get the **** away from me!!....." -HP tech support

Keep telling your boss to promote him to a different department. (at least that is the "nice" way to go about it.) I think you should be rude to him if he keeps this up. If he's just a co-worker, then keep moving away from him and dont answer any of his questions, ect... Also, if he thinks he can do the job better, let him do it himself. :D :cool:

Yeah, good idea... I'll let him do it. I hate it when people don't bring in their PCs because I have to go out on the floor where he is. :(

I agree... i woud be just as nasty to him. When he's helping a customer, in the middle of him talking, interupt with some big important sounding information for the customer making him feel about 2" tall (or 2" somewhere else...)

Play his own game.

"I talk about PCs at a computer store!!...."

If he's a supervisor, then he can supervise, but he just works there doing the same job. The old man is just upset because he thinks he is going to get laid off, and/or replaced by a younger employee. :bald:

I can see why the man is upset, but that still isn't M4A1's fault, now is it? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom