Software Registration Key

scutter

Baseband Member
Hi Everybody!

I have purchase some software and installed it onto my PC.

I have just tried to also install this on my laptop and it informs me that the software needs another registration key! In other words I have to purchase another one !!!!

What a rip off !!!!

Is there a way out of this?

Many Thanks for any replies .

{:mad:>

It is called scroll.exe
It's a program that tells you what happend on the day that you were born.
Got it from e-bay.
{:mad:?

It's not a rip off. It's business.

You can buy a set of tires for one car and use them on another car, but you can't use them use at the same time. They can only be installed on one car at a time.

The same thing goes for software. You can only load it on one machine at a time.

Of course there is a number of software programs that don't stop you from doing this, but certain ones do. Most games require you to run the game with one of the CDs in the drive, however you can load it on multiple computers. But the kicker is you can't run them on the same network or the internet at the same time or else you will get an error.

I have an MP3/DVD decoder for Windows Media and I have to buy an additional copy for my laptop and my wife's laptop. It just how it works.

If you delete it off your desktop and solely installed it on your laptop, I bet that would work.

With the advent of folks having more than 1 computer I think software creators should lighten up on the one box one install concept. Microsoft included.

Just had an e-mail from the guy who sold me it.
As a token of good will, he has given me an extra key for use on my laptop!

{:mad:>

Gary Graefen said:
With the advent of folks having more than 1 computer I think software creators should lighten up on the one box one install concept. Microsoft included.
Its impossible to do such without openning the door for people who resell it at full price.

Maybe Home-Licencing would be a better idea?

Yes or maybe the option to buy for 1 or 2 home PC user?
I must say that the supplier was most understanding and he did give me the additional key for free, but what happends if I have to reformat my hard drive and start over again?

Back
Top Bottom