software or hardware problem?

mista.h

Beta member
Hey everyone (sorry this is a bit long but pls read),

My problems-PSU making loud, strange, high pitched noises, pc lags when they occur. PC frequently cutting out w/ no warning. Constantly lagging during simple tasks.
Possible causes-I think i may have damaged my PSU by putting in a high powered vga card (i changed back to the old card now still getting probelms)
I don't think it's a virus or anything as i reformatted my pc and its still happening. However i'm getting this error, the same one as b4 reformat something about corrupt files run "chkdsk" but it says whatever program im using at the time is corrupt they cant all be corrupt files.

Please say if you think i need a new PSU or maybe its a problem with my HDD, CPU or RAM? or a virus that survived a reformat?

What are your system specs?

Sounds like your psu is rapidly on the way to being a door stop. Low power/sudden drop outs will be causing bad data sectors on the HDD hence checkdisk wanting to run all the time.

I doubt a video card has caused the problem, I would suggest the psu was never 100% and the video card has "tipped it over the edge" so to speak.

Try another psu is probably the cheapest option.

Back
Top Bottom