Soda or Pop?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time I call it soda, but if it's a can of Coca Cola, I call it "Can of Can't" from the British Comedy The League of Gentlemen.

Pop is more a northern thing, while soda is more general. If you go to PA, it's Pop. if you go to VA, it's soda.

ShoobieRat said:
Pop is more a northern thing, while soda is more general. If you go to PA, it's Pop. if you go to VA, it's soda.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you.

We say soda... look to the left buddy.

^_^

Of course, someone else from PA said pop. So, I guess we can rule out state wide word usage.

so im the diferent one...

Il say "brus" or cola.

Dont speak english here. Not sure if "brus" wud translate to soda or pop.

Yea, I currently live in PA, but everyone here says "soda" and occasionaly "coke". I'm originally from New York and in New York we call it "pop".

FadingTheory said:
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you.

We say soda... look to the left buddy.

^_^

Of course, someone else from PA said pop. So, I guess we can rule out state wide word usage.
Hmm...

All throughout the north-east, you get pop. I've lived in Monterey and San Francisco, and the only ones there who said "soda" were the little kids. Probably from watching TV.

In Alaska, everyone I've met either says pop, or an actual name brand.

But then again, not many people refer to the north west when they say "the north".

"Soda" is a very general word for the beverage, used in nearly all locations, although from my times spent in the south (all south) if I do hear "pop" it's attached to "soda", "soda-pop". I've never heard anyone in the south say "pop", unless they're a visiting tourist.

Maybe yer talking about the mid north?

Okay, I apologize. To the 12 people in North Dakota, forgiveness please.

ShoobieRat said:
Hmm...

All throughout the north-east, you get pop. I've lived in Monterey and San Francisco, and the only ones there who said "soda" were the little kids. Probably from watching TV.

In Alaska, everyone I've met either says pop, or an actual name brand.

But then again, not many people refer to the north west when they say "the north".

"Soda" is a very general word for the beverage, used in nearly all locations, although from my times spent in the south (all south) if I do hear "pop" it's attached to "soda", "soda-pop". I've never heard anyone in the south say "pop", unless they're a visiting tourist.

Maybe yer talking about the mid north?

Okay, I apologize. To the 12 people in North Dakota, forgiveness please.

I've come to the same conclusion.

Neither,

I'm Australian doown under we say 'I'll have a large diet coke' or ' I'll throw another shrimp on the barbie or whatever.

PS. On behalf of the commonwealth of Australia I would like to apologize for Ralph Harris & steve Irwin

Jake

EDIT (spelling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom