So Why Do You Hate Microsoft?

What best describes you?

• I'm a Micorosoft Fan Boy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like Microsoft and I use both Windows and MS Office

• I don't like Microsoft and only use Windows. BUt I use Open Office (or a non MS Office Suit)

• I don't like Microsoft. I mostly use Linix, but occassionaly use Windows if I have to.

• I don't like Microsoft and I only use Linix and Open Office.

• "First of All, I have never knowly slept with a windows user ... ever."

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with MS. I can't complain about there prices since vista home peremium is only $100. I don't see whats wrong with DX10 being Vista only, you can't expect MS to give a older prodct all the features of it's replacement.
They've already made the technology for it.
And the product in question (XP) is a perfectly working, and widely used product.

I don't know how anybody can see it as anything but a way to get Vista to sell more.

Where the option for I'm inpartial and don't hate microsoft, but not a fanboy. Is that the only options here? Either hate it or love it?

Where the option for I'm inpartial and don't hate microsoft, but not a fanboy. Is that the only options here? Either hate it or love it?

yep, fence sitters get impaled on pickets around these parts :).

Most of the time I live in a Unix based environment (I get layed as often as I have to reboot my machine) it's not through a hatred of MS or any real dislike I just prefare the *nix environments.

I can quite happily use windows I just chose not to unless i am gameing an then i have to.

i agree aside from the bit about rebooting and i tend to get more annoyed with windows than with *nix so i wouldn't say i could "quite happily use windows"

i've been thoroughly *nixed for about 3 years now i'd say. i dabbled a fair while before that though.

Haha i guess so. I mean i do like Microsoft but I'm always up for other options. I've been using Open Office and Ubuntu for the past few weeks and love them both.

I guess if i always had to purchase Microsoft Products for full price I would probably hate them as well. Their products are priced extremely high, but in the same tolken other than open office type programs are there any for-pay alternatives?

So people tend to compare office to open office, and of course we are going to think it is overpriced b/c the only other alternative (and a good one) is free.

I enjoy their products, but not their prices. And I truely do feel their OS's get a bad wrap, mostly from people that have never used or seen the product first hand.

I dont love or hate them. I know people will call me a fanboi cause of my MVP status that Microsoft gave me but i am not all die hard Windows. I use Linux. More and more now then ever before.

I dont agree with the pricing. But then again i cant argue as i dotn pay for it. But i dont think that charging $400 for a Retail Ultimate copy is right.

But the truth is that i am not a Windows fanboi. I may defend Windows and Microsoft but i do that cause the information that is being spread is not always true. I would do the same for Linux or OS X if i had the kind of info that i got on Microsoft.

So call it what you want but i have no alligence. I use Linux as much as i use XP or Vista now. I have been in Kubuntu more thani have been in XP/Vista combined this month. Most of the time if i am in Windows it is only cause of F@H GPU which only works flawlessly in Windows. I have not figured out how to work it in Linux thru Wine just yet. With the issues they are having right now it will be a while.

So say what ya want about me. Cause really i dont care. But i dont think i am a fanboi. I just know what i like. :p

server 08 is free. dont get much cheaper than that.
i just hate that retarded commercial with jerry seinfeld. and the fact that bill gates has more money than my government (and me lol)...

I'm not really seeing Vista as too expensive, OEM for £60 is fine in my opinion.

Remember you pay £40 for an xbox game that, if a high budget game, cost $30Million to make. They charge £20 more for Vista and it costs $6Billion. Okay they will sell more coppies of Vista than they will any game, but still.

But remember a) Vista runs your entire PC, it enables you to do everything.
b) It cost $6Bn to make

Sounds fair to me pricing that much. But still, i don't like M$.

I don't know how anybody can see it as anything but a way to get Vista to sell more.

I'm not saying it isn't. I just find it unrealistic to expect MS to add new features to and older product which would get rid of an incentive to upgrade.

Either way it doesn't bother me because I wouldn't have kept xp even if it had DX10.

I don't like M$ just because everything is so proprietary and secretive. They use this to muscle their way into various markets and muscle consumers into "upgrading". I don't like Apple either, but have to give them credit for their clever advertising that exploits M$'s weaknesses (even though M$ owns like 20% of Apple...haha).

I hate them just for the fact that they bought HDCD and then stopped production of it :mad:

It sounded so much better than a normal CD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom