So... Vista..... 2 years and 1 service pack later.

How much are you running Windows Vista?

• 100% Vista for all my computer use

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75% Vista / 25% Xp for all my computer use

• 50% Vista / 50% Xp for all my computer use

• 25% Vista / 75% Xp for all my computer use

• My computer can handle Vista, but i still use xp

• My computer can not handle Vista, i still use xp/2k/me/98/95/3.1

• What is this Windows Vista you speak of?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought Vista on launch, used it for 10 months and then decided to go to XP. My PC then was socket 939 3800+X2, 2GB DDR and and 8600. It sure could handle it but anwyays I have been back on Vista for coming up to a year now. It is the best OS IMO. I do boot Ubuntu which I use when I am feeling experimental and run XP in VMs for messing with like downloading viruses and the like however Vista all the way uintil 7 hits the shops :)

There are some things you can whack into the run dialog I tried once when I had that issue.

I'm running XP on my desktop, and Vista Home Premium on my laptop. Don't really have a preference. I need to burn my copy of Windows 7 beta though so I can try it out.. Maybe this weekend?

I do really like Vista, however, the networking is *beep* *beep* *beep* *beeeeeeeeeeep* retarded. The simple act of sharing a drive for access across my network turns out to be a nightmare and an endless Google adventure to which no answer is obtained. Despite the fact that my settings are 100% exact to the previously working shared downloads drive, simply changing the partition and re-sharing is enough to eradicate the sharing capabilities of my entire system.

Thanks but no thanks Vista, I am back to XP until Windows 7 is released.

Sorry to tell ya mate. Windows 7 Networking is going to be almost exactly like Vista's.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom