So tax time is here. Anyone else get a surprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually almost made as much as my parents combined last year. I'm getting just shy of 2k back. I'm going to pay off what I have left on my boat with it. And before you say blah blah blah interest and what not, I just have to pay my brother, so no interest for me :D

If you let your credit cards charge you interest, you are doing it wrong :p My entire 1800ish dollar upgrade i'm getting tommorow will be interest free :)

I have a few accounts with a balance, but thats what 0% offers are for :) Just make sure you pay it off before the 0% runs out or bad things happen.

Already got the Kitchen as well. Got that for her BDay this year. :p

When I filed I thought I was getting $3700 back. I got a notice from the IRS saying they "adjusted" me return and kept $900. *******s.

i'm green with envy.....a fellow pianist?

I used to own a Korg 01W/FD .....wish I still had it !! We went on strike back in 2000 and I had to sell it. arrrgghh

As for us, I JUST got my w2's back from my employer, they were later than usual. Waited til the last minute double arrrggghh

I used to own a Korg 01W/FD .....wish I still had it !! We went on strike back in 2000 and I had to sell it. arrrgghh

As for us, I JUST got my w2's back from my employer, they were later than usual. Waited til the last minute double arrrggghh

Thats business as usual. My job didnt send my w2 until the 30th which was friday. Although i got both of my w2's monday. Filed tuesday. Should have my refund any day now.

Once we found out we were pregnant, we started a savings account for her, and set it up to where there can only be deposits, until August 2025, that's only if she goes to college. If she decides to not go to college, we'll change it to where she can't withdraw until 2032. So far she has quite a bit, we deposit half of the 'left over' money after all the months bills, and groceries. She has close to $2,300. Once I get certified, we'll start putting in a little over double of what we put in now. Which will give her around $61k, when she tuens 18. I don't want her to blow all that money, which is why we will setup it up differently if she doesn't go to college. I think she'll be more mature at 25, more than she would be at 18. We'll probably withdraw money when she's 20-21 to purchase a small house for her. Anyway, the college fund is already set up, and will be quite hefty when she is/if she is ready to go to college. I don't think we will be getting her another doll stroller, as she has probably 4 or 5. We bought her a play kitchen last year for christmas, since we couldn't spend a whole lot on Christmas presents, and we got her a play tunnel thing that she doesn't even use, my cats use it more than her. We picked her up a new bed today, and will probably get her one of those little tikes cars, or a Power Wheels vehicle. We had one, which she liked, but was too young for it, so she didn't use it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom