So my school district made it into the news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont call someone clueless. Just because he is in Australia and doesnt know or understand all the USA laws and rights doesnt make him clueless. Can you say you know every law and right offered by Australia? Does that make you clueless as well?

No. It doesnt. It just means you dont have a full understanding of how the different countries enforce their laws. It is not being clueless. It is not being informed. If you dont live some place why study their laws.

The NRA is only her the USA so why would someone in Australia know about it? How could they know about it until they are told?

KC is an Aussie, but the same thing applies.

The US concept of having and keeping guns is pretty foreign to many not from here. While we view it as a basic liberty most of the world is outlawed from owning a firearm.

Dont call someone clueless. Just because he is in Australia and doesnt know or understand all the USA laws and rights doesnt make him clueless. Can you say you know every law and right offered by Australia? Does that make you clueless as well?

No. It doesnt. It just means you dont have a full understanding of how the different countries enforce their laws. It is not being clueless. It is not being informed. If you dont live some place why study their laws.

The NRA is only her the USA so why would someone in Australia know about it? How could they know about it until they are told?

I don't think he realized he was an aussie. If He was an American than the post was warranted. Often times gun owners here get a bad rap for reasons that are often illogical or mis-guided. I don't anything against most who are anti-gun they mean well, just as I do. They just have the facts wrong.

I just find it very unfortunate that all we here lately is negative things regarding guns. Me calling someone clueless is not a put-down. He is clueless. He has been watching the news too much. Left-wing news. With increasing population comes increasing #'s of violent acts. Of course it seems like there are more and more murders and violent crimes...there are!!! There are more and more people. Percentage-wise , though , it stays the same. It may sound cliche , but guns don't kill people , people kill people.

newbiebuilderguy, don't take a pop at KC he is from a culture that is restrictive of firearms.
Also don't take this the wrong way but if you drag this thread towards the political I will delete it so far it has been peaceful and non political. I am from a country with a just left of centre government who have restricted the types of weapons that can be owned unless there is a highly strict set of criteria met and oddly I am in agreement with it every one should have the ability to own a weapon but not every one should be able to own a SMG or a Assault rifle.

guns don't kill people , people kill people.

QFT.

I'm not really sure how it is in other countries, regarding gangs and stuff like that, but here in America we have some pretty nasty cities with a lot of gangs and overall violence. They pick guns because they're easy to get, easy to use, and they do the job quickly. Most of their firearms weren't bought at a local Walmart, they were taken off some dead guy, or bought illegally, etc. If they didn't have access to guns at all, they'd use something else... a knife, a bat/club, their car, their bare hands...

Restricting guns only angers the honest people. The people using them for violence don't really care, they still have an abundance of firearms available to them, and they always will.

Um , sorry I guess. Censorship sucks.:(

I am not trying to say you are not entitled to your opinion but we have had subjects like this go off the rails in a very nasty way in the past so we try and maintain a medium where not every one might agree but we all get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom