So many fans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjianchris

In Runtime
Ok, it may sound weird, but if you get a case with many fans, how do you connect them all up. I got told to use them in a chain on one molex, but still not sure how to work it. Thanks
Chris

On mine, each fan has a plugin for the power supply. One is a female connector and one is a male connector. You plug them both into the power supply. You can also make them run together by plugging one end (male for example) into the power supply, and the female into the male on another fan, and on the other fan the female into the male of the power supply. You can make the chain go as far as you want too. Mine went from the power supply to the top fan, to the rear fan, to the other rear fan, to the side fan, to the front fan, to the fan controller, to the power supply. That way, the controller controls all 5 fans.

Is there any chance you could post a picture. I still don't completely understand. Aren't the power supply connectors female. And the fans, male. So once you connect one, how do you connect another up to the same one? I just can't picture it, lol.

I don't have a digital camera. Let me take my case apart, then I'll try to post something that'll help as best as I can.

on a standard fan CASE FAN there is a male and a female adapter,k? so you plug the male into the female PSU and take the other fan's male a plug it into the other fans female.

Okay... try to follow this. My case had two connectors dealing with voltage. They were just yellow and black. One was a male connector and one was a female conenctor. On the male connector it has printed:
INPUT
DC 12V

The print on the female connector is smudged for me... but I'll type what I can see:
OUTPUT
0.?3 A
5 FAN
MAX 1.? A

Okay. Now I plugged the input (male) into the female power supply and the output (female) into one fan. Then I made the chain of fans by linking the female part of the fan wire to the male part of the next fan and so on. Should be good to go I think.

fan number = fan number (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5)
power supply = PS
input = I
output = O
wire = -
female connector = E
male connector = :

PS---E :---I---O---E :---1---E :---2---E :---3---E :---4---E :---5---E

You'll notice that the last female connector is not plugged into anything. It is supposed to be like that. Sorry if my other post confused you from me saying that it went back to the power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom