So little ATX 12V 2.0 Power Supplies

mempf

In Runtime
Hi, I just bought a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and to my suprise I need a ATX 12V 2.0 power supply. :eek:

Oh, before I countinue I live in canada.

Now I have been searching for a good power supply to power my power hungry SLI system. So far I have found one I like, but the WATTS may be low for the future. Its a 480W power supply.
Link here

Now why are there so little of these power supplies out? I am almost sure most of the Intel LGA775 motherboards need a 24pin ATX 12V 2.0 power supply and now the AMD boards with PCI-E need them too.

If someone can find a better power supply then the one I have found please share the information and remember I'm canadian.

Thank You

Uh, 480 is MORE than enough, I dunno who told you that wasn't, but trust me, 480 will get the job done. You could be running dual 6800 Ultras and still have some juice left.

Ok thanks.

Now can anyone confirm that as long as the power supply is ATX 2.0 and or has two 12V rails and a 24 pin connecter, it will run this board perfectly.

yes it will it got a 10/10 form this months Maximum PC Mag and their "Kick Arse" award.

Back
Top Bottom