So I'm looking at these two keyboards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of them has a "Natural Layout", as you can see the key layout is more curved. If I were you Id just go for the one your used to.

One is OEM, and one is Retail.

I find it odd that the Retail ones gives you the manual and driver CD, while the OEM version gives you just the keyboard and box..

talldude123 said:

I find it odd that the Retail ones gives you the manual and driver CD, while the OEM version gives you just the keyboard and box..

That's quite normal.

talldude123 said:

umm thats what OEM and retail are?:rolleyes:

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. Its typically cheaper because of the lack of documentation (Treeware) and CD. Its usually purchased by companies that dont need the "extras" (i.e. large corporations to upgrade end end user employes, or companies that build computers for clients. Its chaper and they offer tech support so the end user doesnt need it.)

I usually go with the OEM, it IS cheaper and I can get drivers online..
My optical drives and hard drives were OEM.

I hate "natural keyboards"

but MS is coming out wiht a Vista keyboard that looks nice for a natural.

On the topic itself, I would say go with the first one. However, if you are up for suggestions, mine would be the Saitek keyboards or the G15 from Logitech. I like the Saitek over the logitech, especially the nice backlit keys effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom