So I met Robert Stephens(Geek Squad) today...

AzNVi3t2007

In Runtime
Yup! He came to my job today.I work @ a Best buy call center in Houston,TX.For those who dont know, he is the founder of "Geek Squad." So yeah he was signing autographs and takin pics with people also. I thought it was pretty cool to hold a conversation with him and stuff. Nice guy overall and had a professional way of speaking. I know many dont care since its "Geek Squad", but I thought I'd share with some of yall anyways...!

I would have told him to hire ppl that actually know how to help me when talking about 32 bit and 64 bit compatibility, instead of just giving me the run around.

lul

i don't think he has much to be proud off?...signing autographs? for what...Geek Squad sucks!

No offence to OP for working there...but come on...they just charge people up the ass...and hardly get the problem fixed. I'd rather just do it myself :)

^^^All that may be true, but people complain just as much about Microsoft and Bill Gates is the richest man in the world.

I say more power to Robert Stephens. He had a goal of starting a business and he did it and they help thousands (or however many) of non-computer people a day. They provide a service that people are willing to pay an arm and a leg for. Keep in mind that we the minority when it comes to fixing computer issues.

I agree with peoples comments that GS Sucks... Im not @ a Best Buy store and I dont work for the computer department anymore. And true about hiring people that know about computers. Most people at the call center dont know anything about basic computer knowledge and drove me nutz. They are just "trained" to sell...I got tired of the BS and people not knowing what they were talkin about. There is only a small handful of people who know their stuff. So I moved to Magnolia Home Theater instead and the pay is SO much better...

off topic, but Gates is not the richest man in the world, he dosnt even have a paycheck any more.

[Sorry, more off topic]

What I find funny is that nobody seems to gripe about Warren Buffet being the richest man in the world...why is that?

Back
Top Bottom