So I just got pulled over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out here the state troopers are always hiding. I'm pretty much convinced that their only job is to give out tickets.

OK here is my story.

My son who is 3 had his first swimming lesson. I wanted to go but everyone at my office told me if you go do not let him see you because he may not want to participate.

So I show up and park in the back. When I see him come in I sneek from tree to tree to ensure he does not see me. After the lesson starts I go sit down with my wife and hold my 6 month old daughter througout the lesson.

After the lesson is over my son comes over and I give him a hug and leave. As I am walking away from the pool a cop on a bike askes if he can talk to me. I say sure. He askes me what I have in my pockets. I tell him wallet cell phone etc. He askes if I have any weapons I say no. Next thing I know 3 cop cars pull up and I am surrounded by 6 uniforemed cops and 2 undercover cops.

So I ask what is going on. The bike cop tells me that they have had problems with perverts in the park and there was a report of a suspicious individual (sneaking around trees) and I matched the discription. I was asked what I was doing there and told them I was watching my son. They then asked if anyone could confirm my story. I said yes my wife is inside with my children and could confirm my story.

They sent in an undercover cop to check my story while I was searched to ensure I had no weapons. I had none. They took my ID and asked how many times I had been arrested. I told them never. One of the cops said to another that no one ever says that. They had my ID and checked and indeed I had never been arrested.

The undercover cop came out who had talked to my wife and my story was confirmed and they said sorry and let me go. the f-uped part was apperantly I had been watched by undercover cops from the time I arrived. Did they not see me hold my daughter and hug my son after the lesson?

Any one got one better than that and I will give you kudos.

Guilty until proven innocent bud. I love how they basically violated your rights by searching you without probable cause.

The only time I was ever legitimately pulled over (I used to work for the local PD, so I would get pranks pulled on me all of the time), I was just asked for my drivers license, proof of insurance and registration. The officer then asked if I was headed home from work (appx 5:45pm) I told him "yes" and he told me to have a good day and I drove off. I'm surprised I have never gotten a ticket before especially for speeding because I tend to go well over 100mph if it's late at night and no one is around.

so, in america if you get stoped for speeding you get a fine and a ticket...do you loses you licence after a certain amount of tickets, or can you just keep getting them and paying them off?

Lose our license. Really is too bad, SOME fast drivers are the best drivers because they pay attention.

Anybody else gotten a ticket recently or have an experience to share?

On sunday night. I was coming home from my folks place. The problem with this one streach of road is that if you keep to the speed limit, if you get one red light, you are going to get the next 2 about 3 km down the road. The next 2 lights are only about 100 meters appart, and the timing of them suck as if you get caught on one of them, you are going to get caught on both.

The speed limit is 70km/H (44 miles per hour). I was doing about 100km/H (62 miles per hour). I managed to make the next set of lights while they were still green. However I then noticed that in the 2nds lanes over behind a 4x4 there was a cop car at the 3rd set of lights.

Immedately I had to slow down. I had about less than 100meters to change my speed from 100km/H (62 miles per hour) to 70km/H (44 miles per hour). As I passed the police car, I was still moving at about 90km/H (55 miles per hour). As I still trying to causally slow down back to 70km/H (44 miles per hour), I am thinking to myself "Please cop car, do not give chase"

Thankfully he didn't as he was right behind this 4x4, therefore he wouldn't of been able to get my number plate, let lone the speed I was traveling at.

Anyways, that was my close call last week. I guess it's really a matter of waiting another 2 weeks to see if any thing comes in the mail.

Ya, out in the desert where there can be 30 miles of straight road that people drive in excess of 120mph they have cameras with radar equipment. It checks the speed of every car and has a high speed camera that will get a picture of your vehicles rear license plate as you pass by.

They send you those ones in the mail too. :)

so, in america if you get stoped for speeding you get a fine and a ticket...do you loses you licence after a certain amount of tickets, or can you just keep getting them and paying them off?

In California, you can lose your license after 6 tickets I believe, or if you are pulled over doing >100mph, you get your license suspended for 3 months and possible jail time.

At least in US you don't get a ticket for talking on the phone while driving, 160 euros! My dad got one, now has a bluetooth thank god.

Speeding for once : 300 euros
Speeding for once drunk : 300 euros + 6 month license removal
Not wearing seatbelt : 60 euros
etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom