So, I got it

SirVal

In Runtime
I got my Acer E300 and after running a dell dimension 8100 for 4 years, i'm DAMN impressed that this only cost me £440!
I stuck in another 512 ram which has boosted the performance in it, I'm running battlefield 2 now on near high settings and its running fine.
However :( problems arise, first off........ Acer..... no overlocking??? WHAT? I was a bit miffed, don't know if anyone can offer advice about this?

Secondly, the noise, oh dear lord the noise is ridiculous, i'm guessing its the CPU fan that's the noisy component, so i'm getting a Zalman silent cooling fan for it.

I really like this system but i'm a bit cheesed off about overclocking not being an option, am i missing something or can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Thanks!

Yeah, most pre-build computers are locked when it comes to OCing, the motherboards dont allow an option for it. This is because schools buy alot of computers like this, and they wudnt want people messing with it. Buy a new mobo for it.,

Uh huh, well I just got it so I probably will in a couple of months or so.
I don't NEED to at the moment anyway, 2.0ghz is providing ample speed for what I need right now.

You might also want to try and see if there is a BIOS upgrade. Sometimes they dont give you fucll capabilities because the BIOS software producers want to make some more money. Check that out. Who makes your BIOS?

Yeah, possibility, 2Ghz is enough anyway, if your not gamimg, and that can storm SOME games that dont require much (SWAT 3, Colin MCRae Rally, Tactical Ops, solders of Vietnam), things lke that. And you would not get it high enough for serious gaming anyway, unless u use

Well its running bf2 on pretty high settings just fine, plus if i really have to, its 939 so i can put in a higher spec processor anyway.
:)

OH YEAH and...

These BIOS upgrades, they could unlock overclocking?
I've no idea where to look, if anyone could help me find these then i'd appreciate it alot, the only ones i could find were from award and were $29.

Thanks alot folks

Back
Top Bottom