So i bought me a Logitech G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
man, just got it today and so far im loving it.

I like the added weight and the texture of the mouse. The scrolling was smoother on my razer, but this mouse just feels more solid in my hand.

Not that the copperhead was a bad mouse but im liking the G5 more. Plus the
blue led on the copperhead was getting annoying.

i agree. i'm a convert from the copperhead to the g5. i like how it feels a lot more, but i think the copperhead had better mousey features. although i do like the on the fly DPI adjustment. super easy to go from slow to fast.

Are you using all the weights pete?

I loaded the tray with all the heavy weights. I dont do macros or reassign buttons
so no uber options for me.

I get by on my skill, not by assigning macros or scroll blinding or that stuff.

The default controls are good enough for me.

I get by on my skill, not by assigning macros or scroll blinding or that stuff.

The default controls are good enough for me.

assigning macros and scroll binding for the most part are for convienance/efficiency purposes. They had a long debate on the TF2 forums about wether or not scripting was "cheap" or "cheating" but the final determination was that it was legal and always has been legal.

Game Design, Psychology, Flow, and Mastery - Articles - Playing to Win, Part*1

for more info, the best video game related article ever written by a math guy who has a PhD and is also one of the lead design testers for SF2 remix as well as one of the world SF2 champs.

PS: although your preference I would recommend trying to play the G5 with no weights since I believe in the belief that weights only serve to reduce reaction times and reflex shots, just my 2 cents

yeah i'm using the heavy ones down the side filling up 4 slots and the light ones down the middle and in the back 2 slots. it works fine for me, don't really do too much gaming on my laptop though ;)

Hmmm i think it might be.

Do the math, look up the weight of the mouse while empty and add eight 4.5gram weights to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom