So finally.. after 4 months of waiting..

I got my vista ultimate toady as well from the survery thingy
I tried upgrading but it tells me i cant i dont know why
i dont really feel like installing 100Gb of games all over when right now my system is running fine :)

Vista has gotten pretty stable now, the only error I get is when I play Source games. Vista always gives me an error after closing them. I do agree it takes up a lot of resources. 1 Gb is fine 2GB would be great.

We have systems designed for Windows 98 that still work fine with Windows XP Professional.

Windows 98 -> Windows 98 Second Edition -> Windows 2000 Professional -> Windows XP Professional.

That's three generations of Windows on one single machine. Granted, none of them had a five year gap between them, but XP is still a flexible operating system despite it's age.

If you're fine with XP, save Vista for a future computer.

Wow, I got my ultimate 64-bit for beta testing like a week before it was released in stores.

Vista has gotten pretty stable now, the only error I get is when I play Source games. Vista always gives me an error after closing them. I do agree it takes up a lot of resources. 1 Gb is fine 2GB would be great.

i have the hl2.exe error as well but i dont really care , it doesnt effect any gameplay

so you got windows vista betA testing and it came out a week lator?

well funny because beta testers get much longer to beta it.

try not lie kid.

anyway vista is perfect and fine if you take all the theme off, it runs fast and perfect for me

Well thanks guys, for all the input, I think I'll be setting up a new partition tonight and tomorrow morning and install it. If I could ask though, if anyone has any experience with running two OS's on one computer (not simultaneously) could you possibly explain it to me? I'm not very well-versed in this area of computers, I'll definitely be looking at guides tonight, but it'd make me feel better if I get some advice from people I know understand the subject matter :D.

I know I should make a new topic about this in the Hardware/Software section, but it seems stupid to create another thread expressly for that.

so you got windows vista betA testing and it came out a week lator?

well funny because beta testers get much longer to beta it.

try not lie kid.

anyway vista is perfect and fine if you take all the theme off, it runs fast and perfect for me

Actually beta testers get a free copy if you actually logged an error. Maybe you should read up on it a bit. I don't get what you mean by much longer to beta it, why would you keep the beta when you could get the real release. I didn't GET windows vista beta testing, I WAS a beta testor. My buddy got me on if with his from from microsoft. And don't call me a kid, from what I've seen of your posts I'm definitely older than you (least I hope so, or you pretty pathetic).

Back
Top Bottom