So Dubledore is gay.... what do you think?

Thelis

Golden Master
Jo has said it herself.

2,000 lucky fans had the opportunity to interact with JK Rowling this evening at Carnegie Hall. The reading was rather eventful, as Jo revealed a lot of new information previously unknown about the series.

The most notable news of the night was the revelation of Dumbledore's sexuality. Jo says Dumbledore was gay and in love with Gellert Grindelwald. JK, in response to the audience's reaction, said "If I had known this would have made you so happy, I would have told you years ago."

Not quite as head-turning, but equally significant, Jo announced Neville Longbottom's marriage with Hannah Abbott. Hannah became the new landlady of the Leaky Cauldron.

Other heart-warming (ha!) news was revealed about Petunia Dursley. The night Harry left Privet Drive, Petunia wanted to tell Harry, "I know what you're up against and I hope it turns out okay."

Stay tuned, more to come soon!

http://mugglenet.com/app/news/show/1277

What do you guys think? I feel like she threw that in there just to get more people to buy her books. I mean, I love her writing style, but this is way too... cheap IMO. She should have either written him as gay in the books, or just left it alone.

I honestly don't see how it effects the books at all. The way he is portrayed doesn't refeclt any sexuality. I don't see how it effects anything.

With how she talked about Neville and Hannah, I wonder if she is planning an 8th book. Kind of a aftermath thing.

I would not mind to have Hagrid wake up next to me one morning. OHHH the excitement!

with all seriousness i think JK, due to recent events with homosexuality had abruptly decided to put this in the newer books so she could get more readers.

i know...but whats the point of saying "dumbledore was gay" if all of the regular readers have already finished the book. few people are going to start reading the series at all. most people already knows what happens

Back
Top Bottom