small/one room AC unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, you can either used a drain hose or just use the drain pan.....the real cruddy ones you can only use for an hour like that until it shuts off so you can drain it.

Id rather cut a small hole into the wall to run the hoses, or a larger one and stick a window unit inside.

When a buddy of mine re-modeled his living room he did that. He bought the biggest window style ac unit he could find. Then mounted it in the wall and trimmer around it.

It looks clean, and you don't have the problem of sealing off the hole when mounted in the window.

soaking in all the info guys..thanks..and thanks for the suggestions...I'm sure there is something cheaper than several hundred dollars. My friend had a small thing in his room that was really tiny, i'm sure something like that wouldn't cost several hundred dollars

The small window units can be had for $100 and can cool up to around a 12 x 12 room very well (nice and chilly actually) ..those put out about 5,000 btu's.

If the room is any bigger youll prolly wanna go a bit higher.

The small window units can be had for $100 and can cool up to around a 12 x 12 room very well (nice and chilly actually) ..those put out about 5,000 btu's.

If the room is any bigger youll prolly wanna go a bit higher.

window opens horizontally..so it'd have to only be like a foot wide....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom