Smackbook Concept

jar5173

Baseband Member
Can this only be done on macs? Is there a sensor built into every mac? Can this be done on windows?

The idea of it is any laptop with a drop sensor like that can be used for it, all you need is a certian "hack". Well, not really a hack, but a piece of software that uses the concept. I know it is out there for a Mac, but I'm not sure about windows. It would be interesting to try, though.

I would imagine, then, that iMacs and Mac minis and such do not have these drop sensors?

The idea of it is any laptop with a drop sensor like that can be used for it, all you need is a certian "hack". Well, not really a hack, but a piece of software that uses the concept. I know it is out there for a Mac, but I'm not sure about windows. It would be interesting to try, though.

Like he said, you need to have a specific sensor in order to do this. All the Macs in the Macbook family have a sensor that has the ability to do this. The Mac Pro, Mac Mini, and iMac don't need sensors like that for daily use.

By the way, this hack isn't recommended. The purpose of the sensor is to park the hard drive when the sensor feels a sudden jolt or fall. If you mess around with the settings, it could defeat the purpose of the feature.

I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't do the same thing with a PC, but have a sensor that you plug in to be controlled with a program.

Back
Top Bottom