Slow PC?

mr_roy

Baseband Member
I'e been experiencing particularly slow game play of late and was wondering if it was just down to my hardware going out of date.

I currently run a Athlon 2200+ processor, with a GF3 Ti 200 graphics card (64Mb) with 512 Mb DDR RAM, I know this is hardly cutting edge, but I'm getting very bad slow down on titles such as Medieval: Total War even at the lowest resolutions. Is it possible that the hardware isn't just responding very efficiently?

Cheers

Nick

close other running processes, maybe try a defrag, your computer is fine it is just probably your memory being used by start-up programs if you think its this type: Msconfig in Run and go startup tab and uncheck all unused programs.

Did you update the video driver lately?

If so, then it might be set to higher settings then you are use to using, i.e. AA and ANISO.

Chances are your registry is bloated. Download some registry cleaners. I have faced lagging due to the registry before.

After a registry clean out there has been a distinct, if unspectacular, pick up in performance, thank you kindly for your ideas.

Might try a defrag later, but I've never had much luck before, often end in disaster, cheers again.

Nick

Lol, well glad to hear its worked, Good luck with your Defrag - don't know why they always end in disaster though.

Try doing it in Safe Mode to stop everything else using the Hard Drive while its shuffling.

Back
Top Bottom