Slow internet with Sky

Tomibewi

Baseband Member
hello, I'm on sky and I must say even without it being slow it's just terrible, the router isn't very good because i've had better results using a Belkin 54g router. but in a couple of months i'm going to upgrade to BT unlimited as we have just received new lines in our street, but im wondering has anyone else had these problems?

well I had to go and fix someone's internet up and they used sky also, very bad connections, it wasn't even fiber, it's ran asdl , it's slow yes, and in the back room she couldn't connect to the internet much because the sky router sucked.. she upgraded to bt and they sent her a hub and basically it's still ASDL but is improved.. go for virgin media, bt/sky are both crap for asdl

well I had to go and fix someone's internet up and they used sky also, very bad connections, it wasn't even fiber, it's ran asdl , it's slow yes, and in the back room she couldn't connect to the internet much because the sky router sucked.. she upgraded to bt and they sent her a hub and basically it's still ASDL but is improved.. go for virgin media, bt/sky are both crap for asdl

I was thinking virgin but our street just got fibre in the green box so BT was in my mind a couple of my friends and family have it I think it's amazing So is virgin but I have to deal with downloading and uploading 300mb + files a Day, which would be better?

Virgin media are the top on the internet list in the UK from my personal view and many others.

You mentioned them installing the new fibre in the green box at the end of your street, sounds to good to miss, if BT offer you a better deal I can't see it being as fast as virgin but I think it's not far behind, sky on the other hand are mostly aiming for providing the best tv service where as virgin lacks abit behind, we have virgin tv aswell and it's not as good as sky, so theirs two ways, stick with sky and get the BT internet or skip sky and go for virgin package with tv+phone+internet...

this is just from my personal experience, my answer is go for BT because of the sky tv which I'm assuming you have?

Virgin media are the top on the internet list in the UK from my personal view and many others.

You mentioned them installing the new fibre in the green box at the end of your street, sounds to good to miss, if BT offer you a better deal I can't see it being as fast as virgin but I think it's not far behind, sky on the other hand are mostly aiming for providing the best tv service where as virgin lacks abit behind, we have virgin tv aswell and it's not as good as sky, so theirs two ways, stick with sky and get the BT internet or skip sky and go for virgin package with tv+phone+internet...

this is just from my personal experience, my answer is go for BT because of the sky tv which I'm assuming you have?

Yes i have Sky + HD I think you can keep your sky package and have the Bt unlimited hub..

yes you can, the women that I installed her's she just got the new hub, it's really nice, I liked it, had no complaints and now she uses her mac in the bedroom at the back where as before with sky she couldn't.. she has sky hd to like you, so from my judgement sounds a good thing to do.. and just to let you know when you get it, it's simple to install.. just plug in the wires, and put the cd in and install.. the lights will flash until the internet is active, it takes until midnight to be active, I put her's in at 7 and she said she was online by 10 o clock.

anyway goodluck and sounds a good thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom