Slide show question

ikonix360

In Runtime
In Windows 10 I can use the Windows Photo Viewer program to do a slideshow of a folder of pictures and make them randomly display, however I am trying to get the slide show to display on my second monitor, but don't know how to or if that's even possible with photo viewer.

I can make the photos app to display the slideshow on my second monitor by opening the photos app on that monitor, but I can see no way to randomize the photos or vary the speed at which the photos change.

Any ideas how I can do it?

ikonix360

In Runtime
All I'm using photo viewer for is the slide show.

Basically this older laptop will just run a slide show on a second monitor.

The "monitor" is an older 5" B/W TV I added a video input to which is fed the luma signal from the s-video output of the laptop.

It was moreso a project to use something I had that I had fixed some time before the digital transition and had sat idle since the digital transition.

I don't like things sitting around I can't use so I found a way to use it.

Had been displaying a static image until I realized there's some slight burn in happening. So the slide show is a way to reduce the burn in effect.

Now if photos has a randomize feature for its slide show that would work but if it does I cannot find the setting.

ikonix360

In Runtime
Photo viewer is nice as all you do is click the button at the bottom middle of the window and it starts a slide show with whatever photos are in the current folder.

I'm sure there's free apps that will do what I want but if the built in windows apps will do it then I won't have to install an app.

Here's a topic about the display if you want a good read.

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=376956&start=0

Top Bottom