Sli?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
I just found a $100 gift card for my local comp store from last Christmas so i am thinking of getting a second gtx260 216 to throw in there and sli them. Would my cpu bottleneck them and is it even worth it? Also my power supply is an antec 550W which i' m not sure if its even any good would i need to pick up a better one? One last question i noticed the gtx260 216 is made using a 55nm process now but that shouldn't matter right?

Thanks for the replies.

That would be a sweet/cheap upgrade
I believe both cards will still work if they both have the same bios and are both 260's then I'm pretty sure they'll work. I don't think the nm matters

and I dot think it would be too much of a bottleneck at 3.2ghz

I think your psu will barely work

I just found a $100 gift card for my local comp store from last Christmas so i am thinking of getting a second gtx260 216 to throw in there and sli them. Would my cpu bottleneck them and is it even worth it? Also my power supply is an antec 550W which i' m not sure if its even any good would i need to pick up a better one? One last question i noticed the gtx260 216 is made using a 55nm process now but that shouldn't matter right?

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like a nice upgrade but I think you'd be stressing your PSU.

No, he should be fine. I used to run an overclocked Q6600 and two Core 216 in SLI with a 650 watt.

Using the eXtreme Power Supply calculator, I got 354 watts at a 90% load with your system overclocked to 3.2GHz and two Core 216 in SLI.

I think your PSU is not enough. I believe you said ur power supply is 550 Watts, and the minimum power supply required for gtx 260 overclocked is 500W.

You should upgrade your Power Supply if u wanna sli two gtx 260.

Didn't we determine that calculator was a little sketchy, Rohan? It calculated my current system (minus the LCS - which only uses about 15w on 100%) to use 115 watts I think it said. And I put in all the right data. It's ok, but I wouldn't trust it. I'd go off of manufacturer's 100% usage spec. 650w minimum to be safe, I'd say.

I'll go ahead and get a new power supply then, any recommendations for a really solid power supply that will last me a long time?

Didn't we determine that calculator was a little sketchy, Rohan? It calculated my current system (minus the LCS - which only uses about 15w on 100%) to use 115 watts I think it said. And I put in all the right data. It's ok, but I wouldn't trust it. I'd go off of manufacturer's 100% usage spec. 650w minimum to be safe, I'd say.

Really? I got 254 watts when I used your specs without the water cooling.

I'll go ahead and get a new power supply then, any recommendations for a really solid power supply that will last me a long time?

CORSAIR is a very reliable brand. I also like OCZ they're reliable and tend to have good quality lower end PSUs.

Back
Top Bottom