SLI - Worth it?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i need some opinions, i am thinking of buying a new board, and not sure if i should run SLI. Intel boards that supports Crossfire cost too much, and the only SLI board thats cheap at microcenter is the 680i LT SLI, which is over a year old since it was released, but it costs $100. I have an 8800GT and since they are pretty cheap, i think i might pick another one of these up maybe in november or december and SLI if i got an SLI board.

So when buying a new board, should i just buy a board that will satisfy my hardware, and have one thats has like PCI-E 2.0 and one that is more future proof? or should i go with one that supports PCI-E 1.1, pretty outdated, and able to run SLI.

I dont know if i want to have SLI or not, though it would be nice to have the option opened. I want to have an gaming computer build.

Thanks for your opinions

worshipme

Golden Master
Teny, this has got to be about the 100th thread with the same question but a different title.

I understand it's a difficult decision, but you've probably already got all the help you can get.

Make your decision when you are actually going to buy the parts. A lot could change between now an Spring/Summer.

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
yeah... one of my bad qualities is being indecisive.
im actually going to try to buy the parts in 1 1/2 week.
i dont want to just spend my money on things that i probably dont need.
The only help i can get is through this forums, my friends either dont care what i choose, or dont even understand what i am talking about.

so i guess we'll see how it turns out when i get the parts.
thanks