SLI help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
My vid card right now is kinda lacking in some areas of everquest 2, gets down to crappy fps. I see that eq 2 is supported for sli on nvidias website. Now, was thinkin bout 2 6800 ultras, but then decided on 2 6800 gts instead. The ultras are like 100 bucks more each, and arent really that super much better in the benchmarks. And then again ati and nvidia are commin out with there new cards shortly. So im not sure if i should go sli now, or wait and buy a new single card when it comes out. buying a single card top of the line card when it comes out would be cheaper than buyin 2 sli cards right now i would think. What do you all think?

SLi sucks, there are lots of problems with it. In theory, ti should work great, but in practicality, it dosent. You barely see a performance increase. Just get one 6800GT, it will not lack in any areas of any games.

From what I have read, SLi sucks. Offers little to no performance increase. Maybe you have read something that i havent. But most people will agree with me that SLi is terrible and certainly not worth the money at this point. I'm sure it is going to get better though.

From what you READ, thats because you are ignorant, SLI rocks, I get amazing FPS in anything!! SLI is going to become very popular in the future, at this point it is worth it if you do a lot of gaming, if not then really dont get into it. I have it and it flys past everything. Driver's arnt issues anymore, just install them right and it works perfectly!

The 6800GT's perform just as well and in some cases better then the 6800 Ultras.

-Ryan

Him said:
SLi sucks, there are lots of problems with it. In theory, ti should work great, but in practicality, it dosent. You barely see a performance increase. Just get one 6800GT, it will not lack in any areas of any games.

You must have no idea what your talking about... I get almost double what I get with one 6800GT. Ask someone that has it before you say that.

-Ryan

MrBebop26 said:
From what you READ, thats because you are ignorant, SLI rocks
-Ryan

Why am I ignorant? There was no reason to call me ignorant, because I am NOT ignorant. If I was ignorant, I would have just said it sucked without reading reviews or talking to people. You are the ignorant one buddy.

Lets get some other opinions on SLi up in here before we start throwing ignorant around.

Opinions are one thing, actually having it is a whole nother. Guess what, I have SLI. If you want an opinion, its not worth the money yet, however with the new games coming out, it is a forsure upgrade later on so mine as well get a board that is capable of it now.

-Ryan

It's not worth the money yet because it still sucks. Why get it now, and wait for it to get better? When it gets better, you will have to have another board that supports the better one, a board that has the better one onboard. Best bet is to get non sli now and get an sli board when it is better.

Opinions are one thing, but reviews are a whole nother. Reviews are done by people who know what they are doing, with benchmarks to show their stats. You shouldnt have called me ignorant, because it is you who is ignorant. You think because you have SLi you are the foremost expert on it? I dont think so buddy. Yank one of those cards outta there and run it normal, see how liuttle of a performance decrease there is.

So your calling my stock bench mark stats of 20,000 in 3DMark03 and 9,000 in 3DMark05 is crap eh? I get about half that with only one card. I may not be the foremost expert but I know what I'm doing. And tell me how it "sucks" so much?

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom