SLI GTX740 OC'ed

luchador357

Solid State Member
I am just wondering if you guys could answer a question. Can you grab two of these OC'ed video card:
Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-1472-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) SuperClocked 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

and put them in SLI mode in a build.
Also, what are your thoughts about buying an OC'ed video card as opposed of buying a non OC'ed video card. I use my PC for gaming.
What watts should a video card be to run these configuration? Thanks for your assistance

Yes, you can SLI that card. It really depends on your setup. Assuming you have two available PCI Express slots, then yes you can SLI.

What watts should a video card be to run these configuration? Thanks for your assistance

Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean, how many watts should your power supply have? I would say at least 500 watts.

the watts for a video card are set automatically, Watts are the measurement of power the video cards are using

i should clarify. my mistake. i meant what wattage power supply should be needed to run these two video card in sli

SLI'd 470's...depends on the rest of the rig, but with a high end 1156, 1155, 1366, or 775 proc, and 4+GB RAM, I would say 750 watts to be in the safe zone. It's never good to run your PSU near or at its maximum output - It causes high heat and faster breakdown.

Back
Top Bottom