Skype thoughts..

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
What do you guys think of it?

I love it, but am curious of others experiences. I pay for the package each year and am pleased with some major pros and minor cons:

Pros:

-Price (pro: $36/yr) (Skype-In $24/yr)

-Portability- Can use my Skype from any computer with a mic
- No external products (optional)

-Ease of use- It is straight forward with nice address book features.

-Video Chat/IM/VoiP- All in One!!!

-Good call quality

Cons:

-Notice i said good call quality instead of GREAT...every so often i notice an echo ad feedback.

-Occasional dropped calls during conversation

-No emergency calling ( i recommend inserting your local emergency service in address book)

-Costs $ to SMS :/...I use AIM instead for free SMS

Hope to hear some feedback (no pun...lol)

Thanks!

lol feedback.

well personally i do get the whole skype thing, i mean i have never used it but i get why it could be very useful, the ability to phone n e where from your pc, anywhere in the world and its considerably cheaper than using a mobile or landline,

but my preference is windows live messenger, i mean almost every1 i contact has that on there computer all the time even if there not sat at it, and if you click video call it actually phones there computer and makes a ringing sound and of course its completely free.

so skype isnt for me but i have a free who is constantly phoning jamaca and america and he cant live without skype

I use the free skype as a messenger to talk to my friend in New Zealand then plug in my web cam and its like having a free phone call abroad but with a picture. Very good but im not on it much

its a great thing to play with as its free. having a conference call it nice aswell :)
its a great piece of software to have and i say fair play to anyone who buys credit/uses it a lot as its pretty good value

used it maybe once.. didn't really like it.
It's easier imo to just type a message, I know that I'm always listening to music so I prefer to do that and use msn or irc for chatting.

If I want voice then I'll go with teamspeak or ventrilo. Mainly use these for gaming but sometimes I just jump in there to talk to some of my friends.

its a great thing to play with as its free. having a conference call it nice aswell :)
its a great piece of software to have and i say fair play to anyone who buys credit/uses it a lot as its pretty good value

the lads at work play call of duty as a team while on skype then tell each other where the other users are, so they can kill them off :D

Back
Top Bottom